Photos Bark River Crusader "Issues"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, I'm glad it worked out for you and I'm really glad you stuck to your guns on this.

To the dealer (or any dealer) that is likely reading this: do the right thing in the first place, if folks bring their problems here, this community will hold you accountable. You are damn lucky the OP is unwilling to name you. This is the largest knife forum on the internet. You would have, without a doubt, lost sales.

If a dealer won't help a buyer on an obvious issue with their BRKT, the customer is taking a huge risk in dealing with BRKT directly. There are countless examples of poor service from BRKT. Including some where they out right lied to customer about issues and refused to help. That is the risk you take with BRKT. Do you like gambling with nothing to win other than what you paid for in the first place?

To the knife....I was going to say it looks to be on par with what you can expect from BRKT. I had a Bravo 2 with similar grind issues and a Necker 2 with the sloppiest jimping ever ground. Then I saw the space between the scale. @Quiet is right. That is way more than just cosmetic. That is a flaw that could cause serious damage. Major mistake from BRKT and any dealer that will not take that back might as well shut their doors if word gets out.

Last edited:
OP, I'm glad it worked out for you and I'm really glad you stuck to your guns on this.

To the dealer (or any dealer) that is likely reading this: do the right thing in the first place, if folks bring their problems here, this community will hold you accountable. You are damn lucky the OP is unwilling to name you. This is the largest knife forum on the internet. You would have, without a doubt, lost sales.

If a dealer won't help a buyer on an obvious issue with their BRKT, the customer is taking a huge risk in dealing with BRKT directly. There are countless examples of poor service from BRKT. Including some where they out right lied to customer about issues and refused to help. That is the risk you take with BRKT. Do you like gambling with nothing to win other than what you paid for in the first place?

To the knife....I was going to say it looks to be on par with what you can expect from BRKT. I had a Bravo 2 with similar grind issues and a Necker 2 with the sloppiest jimping ever ground. Then I say the space between the scale. @Quiet is right. That is a more than just cosmetic. That is a flaw that could cause serious damage. Major mistake from BRKT and any dealer that will not take that back might as well shut their doors if word gets out.

Thanks, and agreed. I run a service-based business myself for a living, and the idea that a customer should deal with a costly and lengthy warranty process right out the box, instead of enjoying the item they bought seems preposterous to me.

That’s what semi-custom means; these things are hand ground, so inconsistent grinds are to be expected.

Bark River uses humans to do the finishing, so a 3 mm variation isn't unusual IMHO. A couple of my Marbles knives from Mike Stewart's era there around 20 years ago had minor imperfections -- the swedge on my Fieldcraft and a slight groove on my Campcraft, nothing that I couldn't fix with a Dremel, which I did. None of those would have affected their function at all. My Bark River Professional Series Woodland in A2, which I acquired more than a decade ago, was as good as it gets. CNC machining has all but eliminated imperfections these days, but there's a lot to be said for the human touch, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back