Bark River Essential

I'm curious as to any thoughts on this knife from those who have one. I'm contemplating a purchase but am curious what other owners have to say about it. I am looking for something that I can tuck away in a pocket sheath, either in a back pocket in my jeans or inside my Carhartt coat.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment that you can provide me.

I like mine pretty well. I have the m4/no bolster version. It is a little thick for edc if you are wanting "slicey", but it is no slouch. I almost always carry it in a KSF Pocono and let a SAK soldier or other slippy ride along. It rides well regardless of pants type, and I wear tighter jeans at times. nice little knife! Will add some pics later.

What version are you looking to get: m4? 20cv? 154cm?

Thanks Deinos. I'm looking at the M4. I really like the look of the fuller. I did wonder about the thickness that you mentioned. I don't really need anything too thick as I don't plan to baton with it or beat on it in any way, just want it to hold up in case I sit on it when it's in my back pocket sheath.

Forgive the poor picture quality and gratuitous @$$ shot... :D

Pretty unobtrusive in rear pocket. You could def be a little hard on it if you wanted to, between the m4 and the thickness, I doubt it would flinch. I haven't had to sharpen it yet, just some touch ups on a strop, so I am not sure how hard it is going to be to sharpen. It is my first convex grind, so can't say I am looking forward to its first "serious" sharpening.

Q4oXEQt.jpg
5BHpMa5.jpg
IbN06q1.jpg

Pocket friendly with a KSF sheath. High quality, typical Bark River.

Duo.jpg

Heavy for the size at 4.7 ounces - sometimes too small and too big at the same time. Good "match" to the Springbok if you're into creating sets.

E&S.jpg

Nice pics and nice knives Eagle Scout. Thanks for the comments and pics.

As I look at the pics and consider the comments, I'm thinking that a Bravo Necker may be more of what I'm looking for??? Since I've already got a Bravo 1, Bravo EDC, and a Gunny, perhaps I ought to stay within the Bravo line. The Essential seems like it may be just a bit thick/heavy for what I'm looking for. The Necker would also offer the ability to sling it as well as carry it in a pocket sheath...

Decisions decisions...

Back