Barlow...Finished.

T.Knotts

Finished my first knife using the mill. It sure did make things easier but it took me a bit longer than normal figuring things out. I used paperstone for the first time as a handle material and am really happy with the way it came out.

Barlow in O1 Tool steel.
Closed 3 1/2" OAL 6 3/16"
Nickel Silver bolsters, liners and pins.
Cabernet Paperstone scales.

spring sets nice and flush in all 3 positions. Medium pull and a nice snappy walk and talk.

comments welcome and critiques.
11_25_17_1.jpg 11_25_17_2.jpg 11_25_17_3.jpg IG4.jpg 11_25_17_6.jpg

Thanks all! John pointed me towards the paperstone and it's really a nice material. Im anxious to see how some of the other colors look.

Great job on this one Tim, great pics but they don't do it justice. Felt great in hand, I really like the feel of that paperstone.

Thanks fellas. I really appreciate the comments. This was a fun build. I need to get some WIP photos up next time. I just have to remember to stop what I'm doing and take a few pics!

There aren't many Barlows that I would want to carry. That is one of them.
Well done, sir.

There aren't many Barlows that I would want to carry. That is one of them.
Well done, sir.

Agreed. I tend to be more of a Sodbuster guy. That one, I think I could get along with.

Since you asked for critiques as well, if it were green, it would be perfect :D.

Thanks fellas....I LOVE barlows...but Ive been carrying a sodbuster that is growing on me. As for green, I haven't found any green paperstone BUT I do have some canvas micarta setting on the shelf just waiting for the right project.

I don't know if he still has it but Fod here on the forums used to make some glow in the dark stuff for handles. It was great stuff, I had it on a little skinner.
Just a thought.

I've seen some of that and thought that a thin liner in that might be useful.

I've seen some of that and thought that a thin liner in that might be useful.
Knifedogs.com in the sales department had/has glow in the dark handle materials.. Not sure of sizes..

But back to that Barlow! Excellent! My fav traditional pocket knife! A big Single blade Barlow!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks beautiful!

Back