Barry Wood - Bob Loveless folder !!!!!

barcbsa

Gold Member
I've been collecting Barry Wood folders ever since I got my first one in 1980. Curently have over 120 of them. The one that always eluded me was one made by Barry in collaboration with Bob Loveless. In 1973 the two made 36 folders before their collaboration dissolved. The blades were ground by Steve Johnson (he worked for Loveless) and scales/frame and build was done by Barry.
I've only handled one, a few years ago at a knife show and I've only seen two others for sale online in all this time. Needless to say, it has been my "Holy Grail" of knives for a long, long time.
At the Blade Show this year, a dealer I know told me of someone that owns one but wanted to sell. I made an offer and the other day the dealer emailed me and said the seller accepted my offer.
I should have it this week. My quest is complete...

OIKp3vc.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beauty!

I've always loved the Woods design, I've only got a couple of the Pacific Cutlery models but I greatly enjoy fidgeting with them and showing them off. People are always interested in the mechanism:)

What a score! Congratulations, sir! I have seen photos of your collection in the past on this forum and it is awesome; this is the cherry on top!

Just purchased this one... a prototype made by Barry in 1993. I owned this knife many years ago, then ended out selling it, probably 15 years ago. I believe I just bought it back from the guy I originally sold it to. Now have 125 of his knives in my collection.
This is the pic from the seller:
VikFMsq.jpg

This is the pic I took in 2004 before I originally sold it:
DGpGMGu.jpg

Last edited:
Back