Basic 10 LE or Basic 11?

Hey friends! I’m thinking about another step in my Busse addiction - my first res C handle.
I’m curious what are your thoughts about B10 LE and B11. I like the satin finish of LE and the blade length is almost the same. But I’ve heard here many good reviews and opinions on B11. So, how to solve this issue? :)
I would be grateful for your inputs! Thanks! :thumbsup:

I've owned both and sold them for a SYKCO 1311. But if you're dead set on satin INFI, go with the B10 LE.

However, if you want an amazing user, the 1311 has a sweeter sweet spot that either of those Busses. The balance on that model is superb.

Im no expert .but i did receive a hogb8 yesterday and its awesome i think ill end up preferring the res c to canvas handles feels great solid but a lil give and the basic profile is weight forward begging to chop crap up which is gonna happen in a couple of hours post n pics to follow you wont regret it id say i cant say anything about the models you have asked about just my two cents on res c i love it already

Hey friends! I’m thinking about another step in my Busse addiction - my first res C handle.
I’m curious what are your thoughts about B10 LE and B11. I like the satin finish of LE and the blade length is almost the same. But I’ve heard here many good reviews and opinions on B11. So, how to solve this issue? :)
I would be grateful for your inputs! Thanks! :thumbsup:

I think you already know the answer deep down - both, gotta get both! :D:D:D

I would really love to have both these beasts. So as B8. But for a start I need to make a choice ;) and pick up only one.
I don’t know why I haven’t thought about SYKCO 1311 or 1111 yet. Both look like very powerful blades.
Tough decision :)

My .02 worth is if this is your first res-c handle. I’d go for a Sykco 1111 or 1311. So much chop power for the $$$ Then if you don’t like it you didn’t lay out all the cash. If you do (probably will) like it jump up to INFI blades :)

I've owned both and sold them for a SYKCO 1311. But if you're dead set on satin INFI, go with the B10 LE.

However, if you want an amazing user, the 1311 has a sweeter sweet spot that either of those Busses. The balance on that model is superb.

BLASPHEMER!!1!!

Just kidding :D

However, I recomend the B11, then the B10LE, the 1311 is a beast and a great value but infi is INFI.

The reason I like the B11 over the B10 is its more of a user with the length and the coating. However, donttempt me with a choilless b10 because Im not going down the rabbithole again, Im very happy with my B11.

BLASPHEMER!!1!!

Just kidding :D

However, I recomend the B11, then the B10LE, the 1311 is a beast and a great value but infi is INFI.

The reason I like the B11 over the B10 is its more of a user with the length and the coating. However, donttempt me with a choilless b10 because Im not going down the rabbithole again, Im very happy with my B11.
I've got a Choilless B10 Le and it's amazing. I also have a stripped 1311 that feels perfect in-hand but I'm gonna either have to force a patina on it or keep oiling it to prevent rust. Between the salt and moisture in the air here, South Florida is not kind to SR101.

Looks like B11 could be the winner for me... :cool: INFI is hard to beat and it can be also stripped after some use&abuse.

Im torn myself between 1311.1111.and mountainmandu for a lighter choppers kinda wanna try sr77 meant to be pretty tough stuff

Out of curiousity, does anyone know the thickness of the B10LE & B11?

Fwiw, I'd go with the B11 for the added length in a chopper. Haven't picked one up though b/c I feel well covered with an 1111, 1311, and CGBB13.

I picked up a 1311, I can't wait to use it once all the ice melts. I would also pick the Basic 11, for the extra length.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know the thickness of the B10LE & B11?

Fwiw, I'd go with the B11 for the added length in a chopper. Haven't picked one up though b/c I feel well covered with an 1111, 1311, and CGBB13.
I checked two B11s recently and both are .266" thick.

G gorshi ,
If you want the best heavy-duty chopper with Res C, get the CG BB13 - it's a beast.

Between the B11 & B10, I prefer the tip profile on the B11, so that is my choice, but it is just a personal preference.

The 1311 is a fine knife, but at ~.19" thick it did not do as well as I expected on dense hardwood – I kept wishing it was at least .25" thick. I regret not buying a 1111 (~.25" thick), but now that I have the CG BB13, I'm happy.

If Jerry ever grants my wish and makes a Basic MOAB at .35" thick (with the exact same blade style as a MOAB), then I will have found my grail knife! :eek::D

For all-around use, I would probably go with the B11.

Last edited:
I checked two B11s recently and both are .266" thick.

G gorshi ,
If you want the best heavy-duty chopper with Res C, get the CG BB13 - it's a beast.

Between the B11 & B10, I prefer the tip profile on the B11, so that is my choice, but it is just a personal preference.

The 1311 is a fine knife, but at ~.19" thick it did not do as well as I expected on dense hardwood – I kept wishing it was at least .25" thick. I regret not buying a 1111 (~.25" thick), but now that I have the CG BB13, I'm happy.

If Jerry ever grants my wish and makes a Basic MOAB at .35" thick (with the exact same blade style as a MOAB), then I will have found my grail knife! :eek::D

For all-around use, I would probably go with the B11.

Thanks for the B11 info. For some reason I always thought they were thinner than .25" thick, so that's good to know, (assuming they don't vary a bunch between batches).

I think of the 1311 as a heavy machete. A little more versatile and less fatiguing than the 1111. It's a champ on green wood, but does give up some raw chopping ability on tougher stuff with the thinner stock.

Your Basic MOAB idea sounds like it's built for burlier dudes than me lol. 15" blade of .35" stock sounds like it would break my wrist. :confused::D

The CGBB13 is about perfect as a beastly Basic chopper for me. I'm glad the shop decided to surface grind them down a bit slimmer than .25" for better balance and handling.

Last edited:
Back