Basic 10 LE or Basic 11?

Your Basic MOAB idea sounds like it's built for burlier dudes than me lol. 15" blade of .35" stock sounds like it would break my wrist. :confused::D
I'm an old fart now and not nearly as strong as I used to be, but I would buy a Basic MOAB without question. I think of it like a HOGB8 + 6", with maybe a little more blade height; I think it would be manageable (I sure would like to try). :D

I have a B11 on the exchange if you’re still looking.
I've had my eye on that. ;)

I had several B10LE's, several B11's and several B9's. I now have only the B9's. The B9 and B10 are nearly identical. They carry very easy. The B11 is a bit longer but also carries fairly easy. You cannot go wrong with either. I would give the edge to the B10LE because of the satin finish.

What do you guys think about the Bushwhacker Mistress's chopping ability? I haven't had a chance to test mine out yet. Just curious if maybe I should try to find another Basic 13 for heavy duty chopping.

What do you guys think about the Bushwhacker Mistress's chopping ability? I haven't had a chance to test mine out yet. Just curious if maybe I should try to find another Basic 13 for heavy duty chopping.
I have a BWM CF & BWM CG; while the thickness is about what I would have expected on the CF (.194"), oddly my CG is larger than the 3/16" spec at .207". While I have used the CF, mainly in the kitchen (it makes short work of a large watermelon :)), I have not used either one to chop wood. The revised spec on the BB13 CG was ~.225" thickness, so with the thicker steel and extra 3" of blade length, I would expect the BB13 CG to significantly outperform the BWM CG. So if you need to do much heavy duty chopping, go with a BB13 CG.

Here is a thread where I posted my experience with a ~3/16" thick 1311 on a pretty hard tree:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/dedicated-chopper.1545007/page-4#post-17800098
I wish I had the BB13 CG when I was trying to chop the tree in half – with the thicker steel and more weight distribution toward the tip (compared to the 1311), it would have helped quite a bit.

I'd say a CF bushwacker hits a bit less hard than a B11 and about half what a CG BB13 does. However the bushwacker is so light and well balanced and the handle so good that it's a joy to use. It's still a very good mid-weight chopper.

So far I kept the B10LE, the CF BWM and the Forsaken Mistress and I been reducing my knife collection to actual users
Those three all have a justification to stay...

Basic 10 LE is very much blade for the weight and great as a light chopper.
The CF BWM is more of a big knife/machete than a chopper to me. Sure it can chop but it is rather lively in the hand. I really love it :)

I own both and wouldn’t sell either. They are very different knives:

The B11 is better suited for chopping, splitting, but can absolutely do everything. I think it can be argued that it’s more versatile (barely). I would not want to swing it for hours clearing green vegetation. It’s a jack of all trades Heavy (for res c)

The B10 L.E. Choiless is better suited for lighter tasks and would pair perfectly with a folding saw or axe. It can definitely chop, but you’ll be hacking away at the heavier/thicker/denser stuff for a while. It an absolute delight to work with. It’s a jack of all trades light (for res c)

To use cars as an analogy — the B11 is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, while the B10 L.E. is more like a Lotus Evora 400

To use cars as an analogy — the B11 is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, while the B10 L.E. is more like a Lotus Evora 400

Terrible comparison, lol. I am a car guy. Maybe Porsche GT3RS and std GT3. Now if the B10LE was made of 1095 steel, I would agree with your comparison.

Terrible comparison, lol. I am a car guy. Maybe Porsche GT3RS and std GT3. Now if the B10LE was made of 1095 steel, I would agree with your comparison.

Lol fair enough . . . Now meet me in the back — let’s fight ;)

I just watched a vid of tjat evora 400. Nice car, for a souped up camry:D

Love my B11 almost as light as my Axe Hammer and chops as good as a battle mistress

NRRHKnS.jpg

My B 11 arrived :) I was surprised how light it is. Also the blade is not so wide as I would expected from the pics. Well, it is my first impression. I can’t wait to use it in the woods. I feel there is hidden a lot of power inside... so I will definitely try to “unleash the force “ ;):thumbsup:

Back