Basic 10 LE or Basic 11?

:cool:
b2n8PHM.jpg

Really? how do we know this?

Edited to say that it looks like these where knob creek specials that went for $397, lol. My bad. So whatever was on hand at knob creek is what was available most likely.

Last edited:
So, there has been one on ebay for sometime. I doubt there is to many of those as they were not advertised. probably because the price of admission was not worth it compared to the std grade model. I figure the price of admission was $150- $200 more than std. Which would put it in the 550 range. That's a lot for a basic. But there must have been several who ordered those. My guess is whoever sold it passed on what he was told about there being 12. The original buyer probably talked to the man himself and got the info directly from him. All a guess, but that is usually how it works.
I think Jerry keeps actual production numbers pretty close to the vest but he's a marketing genius! He builds an amazing product and all the marketing in the world can't keep a crap product afloat for 30 years. Just sayin'. ;)

Just like all the "1/300" mistresses out there. That all being said, less than 12 could be the actual number. We could ask the "Basic King" Will York Will York as he seems to know the Basic Series best! :thumbsup::cool:

I think Jerry keeps actual production numbers pretty close to the vest but he's a marketing genius! He builds an amazing product and all the marketing in the world can't keep a crap product afloat for 30 years. Just sayin'. ;)

Just like all the "1/300" mistresses out there. That all being said, less than 12 could be the actual number. We could ask the "Basic King" Will York Will York as he seems to know the Basic Series best! :thumbsup::cool:

I edited my post, lol. You quoted what I originally posted, but then I went back and looked it up and found out where they came from. There could indeed be only 12, but they were cheap not the price I thought which was actually $397.

I bought one of those from dericdesmond after the KC show, which he attended. My recollection was that 2 different people told me there were six satin B11’s at that show, but I wasn’t there so don’t know for sure. $397 was the show price I heard, also. All had V edges—no asym. I later sent three new asym B11’s to the CS for satin finishes (I bought all three direct from Busse at the 2010 Blade Show.). Sold two—still have one. So that’s 9 I’ve heard of floating around, including 3 asyms and those six from KC.

After the show I paid $550 for that one from dericdesmond, which he later bought back from me for the same price ($550). I sold one of the asyms new for $550 about a year later—probably some time around 2012? Sold another as a user last year for $450. I believe Trevor (Knife Hunter) had two of the KC knives for sale last year for around $700 each, and now has one, so I wonder if he may have been the source for the knife and info posted above by squishware?

Last edited:
We could ask the "Basic King" Will York Will York as he seems to know the Basic Series best! :thumbsup::cool:
I bought one of those from dericdesmond after the KC show, which he attended. My recollection was that 2 different people told me there were six satin B11’s at that show, but I wasn’t there so don’t know for sure. $397 was the show price I heard, also. All had V edges—no asym. I later sent three new asym B11’s to the CS for satin finishes (I bought all three direct from Busse at the 2010 Blade Show.). Sold two—still have one. So that’s 9 I’ve heard of floating around, including 3 asyms and those six from KC.

After the show I paid $550 for that one from dericdesmond, which he later bought back from me for the same price ($550). I sold one of the asyms new for $550 about a year later—probably some time around 2012? Sold another as a user last year for $450. I believe Trevor (Knife Hunter) had two of the KC knives for sale last year for around $700 each, and now has one, so I wonder if he may have been the source for the knife and info posted above by squishware?

Will IS the Res-C Whisperer!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks to Old Physics I have one of the asym CG B11s from 2010. I messed up the edge stripping and scotchbrighting it to make a ghetto satin blade, so it went back to Garth to get the edge angles restored.

The KC shows were certainly a treasure find for anyone attending. I only attended a few but recall seeing the OG Mountain ManDu protos sold at a very low price, and then commanding a much higher price on the resale market. After everyone had bought their fill, certain folk would bulk buy the remainders, like 20+ Pork shanks at a crack. I was able to score a few SFNO when they were highly desirable, and then share with friends. Also true of various knives/swords sold at the Blade show at special prices. Don't criticize Jerry for this, he sent knives to a show to sell them. After that, capitalism for the win.

Thanks to Old Physics I have one of the asym CG B11s from 2010. I messed up the edge stripping and scotchbrighting it to make a ghetto satin blade, so it went back to Garth to get the edge angles restored.

The KC shows were certainly a treasure find for anyone attending. I only attended a few but recall seeing the OG Mountain ManDu protos sold at a very low price, and then commanding a much higher price on the resale market. After everyone had bought their fill, certain folk would bulk buy the remainders, like 20+ Pork shanks at a crack. I was able to score a few SFNO when they were highly desirable, and then share with friends. Also true of various knives/swords sold at the Blade show at special prices. Don't criticize Jerry for this, he sent knives to a show to sell them. After that, capitalism for the win.
Jerry is a great businessman which is awesome for us since it keeps the INFI flowing and ensures our best-in-the-business Busse warranty is always honored!

Wow, you immediately paid 550 for something he paid 400 for. I wouldn't pay 550 today for it, lol

Wow, you immediately paid 550 for something he paid 400 for. I wouldn't pay 550 today for it, lol

I would.:D

But then, you’ve never been a true Res-C fan.:p

(Did I mention he bought it back from me a few weeks later for the same price? You have to be a true believer—then it makes perfect sense.:D)

Last edited:
Back