Batch #3 midtechs...

manghu67

American Kami Custom Blades / Knifemaker
Just finished these up. Working on sheaths now. Hope you guys like 'em. FYCs, FYC XLs, and harpoon recurves.

Decided I didn't like the flow at the heel/guard after sharpening on the first bunch of FYCs from batch #2. In order to sweep it so it doesn't look sloppy, there ends up being something like a half inch of unsharpened blade in the plunge area. That wasted real estate really bothered me, so I decided to try sweeping the cutting edge all the way up into the guard itself on these. I am really pleased with the result - a big, scary tooth right at that heel. Looks cool, is really beefy, and ends up netting that extra cutting edge. And it's great for heavy duty kitchen stuff that could damage the fine edge on a standard chef's knife.

Batch3midtechs.jpg

Pricing for these on your web site?

And the black one to the right of the pink handled one; how long is that blade/oal??

Thanks, and this batch looks great!

Nope, contact me for pricing.

There largest knives are the FYC-XL. Then there are four FYC (that's the model with the pink handles). And the two harpoon recurves. The FYC is 10.65" OAL with 6" of blade.

Thanks! Glad you like them, pal.

Pricing for these on your web site?

And the black one to the right of the pink handled one; how long is that blade/oal??

Thanks, and this batch looks great!

Back