Battle Grade MOAB - This has to happen

Spring is only a month away – I hope Jerry is gearing up for a MOAB Spring Special! :)

BG MOAB / INFI MOAB / Basic MOAB!

Hey Jerry, make an old man happy and give us the Basic MOAB! :eek::):cool:
The HOGB8 only increased my desire for a Basic MOAB!

i haven’t read the beginning of this thread in a long tme and don’t remember much more than a few days anymore. So has anyone thought about what a battle grade Moab would cost ? I know It’s a guestamite , just curious. I know Some are a lot more smarter than me about the different steels used in blade making. Using original Moab specs. Any guesses ? I know this guestsmite means nothing but I think It’s fun to hear what others would guess. 14” +&~ blade @41 thick. Whatever BG steel is. Thanks in advance.

If an INFI option was not available.. I would be devistated. Gotta offer both..GOTTA

... So has anyone thought about what a battle grade Moab would cost ? I know It’s a guestamite , just curious. I know Some are a lot more smarter than me about the different steels used in blade making. Using original Moab specs. Any guesses ? I know this guestsmite means nothing but I think It’s fun to hear what others would guess. 14” +&~ blade @41 thick. Whatever BG steel is. Thanks in advance.
Supposedly BG or SR101 steel is 52100, but I don't know if Jerry ever confirmed that. Concerning the cost, here are some recent models:
- a BG FBM with a .25" thick, 10" long blade is currently $397
- a BG BB13 with a .187" thick, 13" long blade was $267 (SR101)
- a CG BB13 with a .22" thick, 13" long blade was $397 (INFI)
The BB13s are Basic models, so I would guess their cost would be less than a standard MOAB with BG steel, and all 3 above have thinner blades than a MOAB.

How much does the steel contribute to the knife cost? I'm not a knife maker, so I don't know. :confused:

If an INFI option was not available.. I would be devistated. Gotta offer both..GOTTA
My first choice would be a Basic MOAB in either INFI or SR101 (maybe both ;)); second choice would be a BG MOAB (maybe all 3 :D). But like I have been saying, BG MOAB / INFI MOAB / Basic MOAB! (something for everyone) :)

Hey Jerry, I have high blood pressure and the stress of waiting for the MOAB rerelease is not helping, so my doctor said you need to move this up on the priority list (like close to the top)! ;):D

South Florida is tough on SR101 but I think I would have to get one just to see how long it takes to chop a semi in half with a knife. See what I did there, HOGs? No ifs. Only a question of time.

I will 100% order at least 1 Basic MOAB, even if I have to sell every folder in my collection! Basics make some of the best users ever and that MOAB is a site to behold!

Do it, Jerry!

South Florida is tough on SR101 but I think I would have to get one just to see how long it takes to chop a semi in half with a knife. ...
front to back, or side to side? ;):D

I will 100% order at least 1 Basic MOAB, even if I have to sell every folder in my collection! Basics make some of the best users ever and that MOAB is a site to behold!

Do it, Jerry!
I could not agree more! I love the Basics, and a Basic MOAB would be THE ULTIMATE BASIC! :eek::cool:

front to back, or side to side? ;):D

Let's have a BG MOAB/INFI MOAB/BASIC MOAB Chop In in South Florida and quarter it! :D You guys from all the cold states could come down here next winter and beat some coating off your newly recieved MOABs in 80° weather, although with the speed the crew has been pumping out blades this year, we may have them by summer, in which case, we'd be better off meeting up somewhere a bit cooler and less humid. :thumbsup::D

Let's have a BG MOAB/INFI MOAB/BASIC MOAB Chop In in South Florida and quarter it! :D You guys from all the cold states could come down here next winter and beat some coating off your newly recieved MOABs in 80° weather, although with the speed the crew has been pumping out blades this year, we may have them by summer, in which case, we'd be better off meeting up somewhere a bit cooler and less humid. :thumbsup::D

I could use some 80° weather :). In SW Ohio today's high will be about 55° and the high on Monday about 25° :rolleyes:.

On the plus side you’re close to the shop.:)
Jerry says the shop is closed to the public, he claims due to government contracts, but I think the real reason is he is trying to keep us away from his JW Blue stash. ;):D

My doctor says I need to exercise more (don't they all say that :confused:), so help me out Jerry with a new MOAB! :)

Back