Battle Grade MOAB - This has to happen

Apparently Jerry doesn't like it when you try to hard. Maybe if you let this page get down to page four or five before bumping it....

I don't know John; I keep bumping up the 10" bladed JackHammer but Jerry never even acknowledges it.:rolleyes:

Don't let this roll to the second page!

So how'bout dem BG/Basic MOAB ideas? I think it'd be cool to see some naked SR101, Like BIG DC on a battle grade... Of course Basic INFI, ResC, and BIG DC would be just porky as well.

So how'bout dem BG/Basic MOAB ideas? I think it'd be cool to see some naked SR101, Like BIG DC on a battle grade... Of course Basic INFI, ResC, and BIG DC would be just porky as well.
I'm ready! :)

BG MOAB / INFI MOAB / Basic MOAB!

Keep the faith!

Never give up! Even IF it's a turd idea with turd posts heaped onto it, if you keep the faith, you just keep piling the turds. Then eventually that pile of turds will grow and grow, and one day that pile will be so large that it inspires something, maybe even inspiring action that results in a BG MOAB.

This is my turd for the pile.

Never give up! Even IF it's a turd idea with turd posts heaped onto it, if you keep the faith, you just keep piling the turds. Then eventually that pile of turds will grow and grow, and one day that pile will be so large that it inspires something, maybe even inspiring action that results in a BG MOAB.

This is my turd for the pile.
LMAO! :D
I never thought I would say it, but thanks for the turd! ;):D

This thread was "slip sliding away" - sounds like a good name for a song. :confused:;)
"You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away" - hopefully we're closer to getting the mighty MOAB!

My only concern is the BG part.. I'm all for that but just a bg?...what if chevy announced an exact 69 chevelle reproduction:D but oh...sorry....small block only:eek:
Go big or go home....

I do take Jerry as a supercharged 454 kinda a guy...so that's good

BG for the SR101 option (since it is an awesome steel), but also for budgetary/affordability concerns.

But it'd be awesome to have a separate reintroduce/revamp on INFI MOAB as well! A lengend reborn is often a welcome event!

Boss must be busy at work designing something GREAT for us. Ya know, like some HOGTASTIC thick cut and thin slice bacon known as BG/BASIC MOAB!

Boss must be busy at work designing something GREAT for us. Ya know, like some HOGTASTIC thick cut and thin slice bacon known as BG/BASIC MOAB!
There are some posts I made in this thread where I suggested 3 different thicknesses - it seemed to work well with the ASH-1. Later on when the HOGB8 came out at .35" thick, I was impressed with the heft of that knife, but I thought that with at least another 6" of blade length it would be REALLY impressive. :eek: So now I would like to see a Basic MOAB with a 14-15" long, .35" thick, full flat ground, MOAB style blade - I think that would be the ultimate chopper for me! :eek::cool: I suspect some guys would want a thinner one, so maybe one at about .20" thick would also be popular.

There are some posts I made in this thread where I suggested 3 different thicknesses - it seemed to work well with the ASH-1. Later on when the HOGB8 came out at .35" thick, I was impressed with the heft of that knife, but I thought that with at least another 6" of blade length it would be REALLY impressive. :eek: So now I would like to see a Basic MOAB with a 14-15" long, .35" thick, full flat ground, MOAB style blade - I think that would be the ultimate chopper for me! :eek::cool: I suspect some guys would want a thinner one, so maybe one at about .20" thick would also be popular.

Yeah I'm one for a thin one, .2" or 3/16"... Mostly because of weight and bulk for carrying. But to each their own, right? That's why it's good to have choices! :D

A giant bowie made from a fat slab of SR101 is the only way. Maybe even differentially heat treated like the older Swampies.

Yeah I'm one for a thin one, .2" or 3/16"... Mostly because of weight and bulk for carrying. But to each their own, right? That's why it's good to have choices! :D

A giant bowie made from a fat slab of SR101 is the only way. Maybe even differentially heat treated like the older Swampies.
Make one thick/one thin, and everyone will be happy; the undecided can buy one of each. ;):D

We NEED a MOAB ganza! 2 or 3 thicknesses, SR101 & INFI, micarta/G10 & Res C - old hogs and piglets will be rushing to get to the trough! :eek::D

Maybe make the blade an inch longer to distinguish it from the original MOAB, and it will be awesome! :eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Where's my HOGB14 (or HOGB15), a.k.a. Basic MOAB? :confused:

Back