Battle L.A.

just got home from catching the late show. Lots of shooting.... all in all a great movie and worthy of seeing on the big screen!

Saw it for free so I can't complain. If you like shooting and some slightly corny lines, you'll dig it. Ha, but I think most action movies are pretty corny so it may just be me. If you don't want to think for a few hours, hit it up. Much better than the disaster that was Skyline.

Just saw the movie last night! Very cool tons of action and shooting liked alot was worth the wait. But could not see any esee knives and i looked very for them

saw this last night, the action was a awesome but the dialogue was kinda hit and miss. I really liked the fact it stayed with the same group of marines the whole time not cut aways to the white house panicking or some other stupid crap

Saw it this morning, thought it was pretty epic, not a great movie, but definitely epic, especially since LA is my home town and I knew everywhere they were by heart. and funny enough i'm probably going out to see it with some friends tonight which is a first for me.

I liked it. I enjoyed it for what it was a action shooter. It's going to be hard to make any movie seem realistic when your battling aliens.

I think if real aliens came they'd be so advanced we wouldn't stand a chance. I always liked marines battling et's reminded me of aliens with the space marines.

Saw the movie. I only caught a glimpse of a ESEE blade in a critical part in the movie, so i dont want to give it away. Missed it the other two times. Loved the movie. I think for what it is, they put a good story, really decent acting for this type of movie and great action/scenes. I have nothing bad to say about it. This will definitely be one i will watch again and again when it gets to DVD. Then again, I watch The Hunted a few times also, so take it for what its worth. Most of my friends thought The Hunted was crap.

I was sort of disappointed. Spotted the 4 on Eckhart at the beginning of the movie and saw the 6 a couple of times. Also saw the Ontario Marine Corp bayonet several times, but there was no knife use in the movie that could really be seen. All in all it was cool though ;)

Sorry bro but I am calling :foot: Bullshit on that one. He took that alien apart with a ESEE 5 or 6 then played with its guts, I know because I turned to the broad I was with and said, "That is how a Marine takes care of business with a knife."

All told good movie, the Marine Corp Bayo was prominent too which is cool, when I got home I cleaned the ol 590A1 and attached said pigsticker. :thumbup:

Saw it on Saturday with a friend. I thought it was an epic action movie, and will go see it again for sure. I caught a glimpse of ESEE at the beginning, and I thought he was using the 4 to play doctor with the alien too, but couldn't see enough to be sure.

Kinda disappointed-lots of action but slow start and no real ending-getting old I guess :confused:

According to the production guys that came by SHOT it was one of ours. But I couldn't see it. Sort of dissapointing becasue the production people had us all jacked up about one of our knives opening up the alien then all I see are hands and no knife.

According to the production guys that came by SHOT it was one of ours. But I couldn't see it. Sort of dissapointing becasue the production people had us all jacked up about one of our knives opening up the alien then all I see are hands and no knife.

Hollywood. 100% bullshit. On screen and off! :D

Don't get me wrong, it was still cool and we will be happy to work with the production people again.

Gent is nicknamed "Tiny" - he did stunts in the film. He was wearing an ESEE-3 ...

You see guys...you just never know who's reading this forum. This email is from our contact on the film. He asked that we not use his name but said we could post up the following. This should explain things a little better. We hope to work with them on future movies also:

Hi Jeff,

I was reading the Battle LA thread on your forum and I wanted to let you know that I was pretty pissed off with how it turned out for your knives. You gave us a bunch of stuff and it didn't show the way I wanted. I apologize for the disappointment. I didn't see the movie until it opened.

I think a lot of it had to so with the shooting style and a huge amount was edited out, including the plot.

We filmed the alien autopsy scene for 2 days, I thought it was edited together horribly. The whole thing was originally done with puppeteers and makeup effects. It looks like they were disappointed with how it looked and re-did a lot of it with CGI. I think that most of what we shot (and the RC4 and 6 what were used) was sacrificed on the alter of CGI and pre-screening focus groups.

Here's what everyone had.

Arron had a RC4
Cowboy had a RC6
The medic had a RC3
Locket (the guy from Gran Torino) had a RC3
The radio guy had a tan Izula

There were more knives on other characters but many of them were killed off so fast and early I didn't even recognize them.

We shot a pretty different movie in many ways and the post production pulled typical "movie crap" that ruined what we worked hard to make right. The red laser from the GLTD, guns making clicking noises being the ones that really pissed me off.

They also edited out tons of medical work (including what could have been the first on screen use of quik clot) that I was pretty proud of and that took a lot of time to make right.

At the end of the day they are kinda right in doing what they did, 99% of people wouldn't have understood what a laser designator was...but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when you're working for many months to make things as realistic as possible.

At the end of the day it was the directors movie; It should have been and could have been much more.

Eh, not surprising it got hacked up. I swear that now-a-days they cut a large majority of the "good stuff" out of the movie in order to throw it on the DVD and increase sales.

Back