Battle Pappy ***Newed PICS*** see page 2, post #24...HOT STUFF!*

I learned something new about the Pappy with those close up pictures- That looks to be a molded micarta handle :eek: I had no idea until seeing those.
IDK man, I like the blade shape of course but I guess I just don't understand the rest of it...but I'm trying :D It's just really outside the "Busse box" How far off would I be in saying it's the only hidden tang I can recall? (outside the res-c of course) I think that's the biggest part of it - to me it's like no other???

I learned something new about the Pappy with those close up pictures- That looks to be a molded micarta handle :eek: I had no idea until seeing those.
IDK man, I like the blade shape of course but I guess I just don't understand the rest of it...but I'm trying :D It's just really outside the "Busse box" How far off would I be in saying it's the only hidden tang I can recall? (outside the res-c of course) I think that's the biggest part of it - to me it's like no other???

I can’t think of another out side of Rec C either. But imagine for a moment, and I really should start my own thread, but imagine if the whole blade and guard and handled was ground from one solid piece of INFI! With texture grains in the infi like in the Pappy's canvas handles! Would that be freakin sweet or what? Heavy too probably lol! :):D

Cool knife, but that field grade logo looks so...IDK... flea market?:confused:

Yessir, that font itself is not in character with Busse offerings-- IMHO, too gaudy.:confused:

Additionally I don't like :thumbsdown: BOLD branding :thumbsdown: ,in general, regardless of how classy :cool: or low budget :( the maker is.

OTA3S5T.jpg

Last edited:
I always feel better when the "Flea Market knife expert" weighs in with his opinion.

Hey, I resemble that remark. :p Just kidding. I've been fortunate enough to not have to get my knives at the flea market. Not that there aren't some good knives there.:rolleyes:

I was just making light of the bold stamping Jerry put on this one that is out of the norm for Busse. The OP has a great knife and I think he understood I meant no disrespect. Geez, I guess some people just don't get my sense of humor.

Edit: B Blueoak just saw your Pappy pic. That's a nicen too.;)

Last edited:
Back