Battle Ring 2

DocJD

Basic Member
On order . Saw a good price ~$45 , used . Thought I'd grab to play with . :cool::thumbsup:

The seller is sometimes sloppy about listing item wrong , so I hope this is even correct and the real deal . šŸ™

Here's a Russian (IIRC) video , auto -translation is available but not much help . Russians seem to honestly be real knife nuts ! :)

I will of course review here with pics , if and when it arrives and time / energy allows .

I wasn't sure I'd ever buy anymore CS ...but , seems that I will ! :p

PS: Happy Holidays !

Wow thatā€™s a wicked package.

My kid has a Drop Forged Bowie and has used it hard with great results/edge holding.

Really cool that theyā€™re integrating the Ulti-Clip with it - I have several and theyā€™re nice.

Alas, Iā€™m in Cali so Iā€™m not in the market for anything with a finger ringā€¦ :(

finger ring
I rarely ever keep a digit fully inserted into the ring during use , neither karambits , nor ring knife .

Useful to draw , sometimes . Or use as grip support with palm . Finger tip for same . For pommel strikes . Etc .

I just prefer to never trap my fingers in weapon . Including gun trigger guards : insert only to fire , pull out .

I play with ring knife flipping , twirling, styling sometimes , but don't consider it practical for combat .

I like to be able to rapidly change grips , change hands , drop or throw any hand held weapon in general . :)

Alas, Iā€™m in Cali
:)It's great to have actual formal training in weapons .

I mostly didn't . So just tried to learn by other sources and try on my own . Not the best way .

Mostly just made :poop: up as I went along . But without lots of realistic sparring (freestyle) opportunities , it's very hard to tell what works or to develop reflex level skills.

Just from unarmed MA ( which I did train multiple hard style karate clubs and sparred whenever I could ) I learned to study many styles and mix your own .

Don't get too caught up in any one . Learn what works for you from many sources .

Ideally : Like Bruce advised , a style of no style , fluid , spontaneous , reactive /adaptive and unpredictable .:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry I think I was unclearā€¦ I live in California (not trained in Kali) where a knife with a ring might be considered ā€œknucklesā€ and therefore a felony. As far as I know this particular issue hasnā€™t been resolved in court, so itā€™s unclear legally at the moment, but I donā€™t want to be the test caseā€¦

Iā€™d definitely like to own/play with that dagger, but itā€™s not worth the risk, however slight.

Sorry I think I was unclearā€¦ I live in California (not trained in Kali) where a knife with a ring might be considered ā€œknucklesā€ and therefore a felony. As far as I know this particular issue hasnā€™t been resolved in court, so itā€™s unclear legally at the moment, but I donā€™t want to be the test caseā€¦

Iā€™d definitely like to own/play with that dagger, but itā€™s not worth the risk, however slight.
I never heard that before, I carry a couple of different ringed knives, I don't see any problem but this is California. Prettty cool though that I can carry a MT XII legally.

:oops:LMAO for misunderstanding . šŸ¤£

For being in Cali , I got no advise whatever except move if you can . :(

Actually , to be fair , this little DE dagger is illegal to carry around here and lots of places .

Also it's inarguably a weapon . Difficult to claim otherwise .

I probably would never carry off my property . Most just to play with for me .

Last edited:
I never heard that before, I carry a couple of different ringed knives, I don't see any problem but this is California. Prettty cool though that I can carry a MT XII legally.
You might be right, and Iā€™m sure there are many folks in CA carrying ringed karambits, etc.

Itā€™s a frequently debated question, along with ā€œD-guardsā€ being legal or not. Essentially itā€™ll probably take someone being charged and then the court/jury will decide, but after hearing about a ruling where a concealed box cutter was considered a ā€œdirk or daggerā€ it seems very possible to me that a ā€œring knifeā€ would be considered ā€œknucklesā€ in a CA courtā€¦

You might be right, and Iā€™m sure there are many folks in CA carrying ringed karambits, etc.

Itā€™s a frequently debated question, along with ā€œD-guardsā€ being legal or not. Essentially itā€™ll probably take someone being charged and then the court/jury will decide, but after hearing about a ruling where a concealed box cutter was considered a ā€œdirk or daggerā€ it seems very possible to me that a ā€œring knifeā€ would be considered ā€œknucklesā€ in a CA courtā€¦
In the bigger cities at the wrong time, place and who you are........... I am an old white guy, cops ignore me. People don't see me as a threat nowadays, one of the few positives of getting old. I have had a cop take a knife from me a couple of times, but I ended up getting it back since it was legal.

:):thumbsup::thumbsup: Did receive today my used , but brand new , genuine and perfect looking Battle Ring 2 !:p

No pics yet , maybe tomorrow ?

F&F pretty much perfect as could be expected for the price point .

Sheath fits snug and rattle free . Can hold upside-down and shake fairly hard without losing the knife .

The Utiliclip that comes with the sheath can be removed easily , but I didn't .

Never had one or handled one before , so I'm trying it out , even as I type . Got it clipped IWB of my draw string / elastic waist band exercise shorts .

During the day , had it clipped into one of the slit pockets on the outside of the right side cargo pocket on my work pants .

It held on and road there fine and very easy to hand .

I believe this clip is just made to fit over fabric or other material, fairly thin . Not a thick belt .

All I've done with mods is to wrap the handle with some self-fusing silicone tape .

This MUCH improves the feel , grip and handling of the bare steel handle ! It's like handling a totally different and better knife . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

More to follow , as time , energy and opportunity allows . Stay tuned !

P.S. I already love this knife and I haven't even stabbed anything yet . šŸ˜

For those who are curious like me:

It's drop forged, like the other knives in this series from a single piece of steel, has twin razor sharp edges with a needle point, an integral guard, and a finger ring. Its grip is sized for nearly any hand, and it's precisely contoured to prevent slipping. It can accommodate eight different grip styles, and it's easy and quick to draw when you're in a hurry. Plus, it has the strength to double as a skull crusher or "iron knuckle"in. It comes with a cut resistant, Secure-Ex sheath that features a state of the art Ulti-Clipā„¢ *, making it a steadfast companion you don't want to be without.​

Weight: 7.5oz Blade Thickness: 6.5mm Blade Length: 3-1/2" Blade Steel: Drop Forged 52100 High Carbon Handle Length/Material: 5-1/2" Overall Length: 9" Additional Features: Secure-ExĀ® Sheath

Last edited:
Handle Material:Stainless Steel
Nope ! Handle ain't SS .

This is a one integral piece of drop forged , solid hunk of 52100 tool and ball bearing steel .

Assuming a proper HT , should be very tough throughout ;and probably THE toughest small dagger available , at anywhere near this price point ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nope ! Handle ain't SS .

This is a one integral piece of drop forged , solid hunk of 52100 tool and ball bearing steel .

Assuming a proper HT , should be very tough throughout ;and probably THE toughest small dagger available , at anywhere near this price point ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
LOL! Good old BHQ., I read the CS Ad and then copied BHQ one. Fixed it, no longer fake news!

Back