1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Battle Saw. . . . by Busse Combat

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Oct 14, 2015.

1. newyork

newyork

May 9, 2010
    Would create a financial nightmare but man you guys are tempting me on this one.

2. Flatsman007

Flatsman007

Apr 13, 2010
    No teeth would mean the name would have to be changed. Don't think the teeth will be an option. "Battle No Saw" just doesn't have a ring to it.

3. Flatsman007

Flatsman007

Apr 13, 2010
    Hahaha!!!

4. adrock1978

adrock1978

May 30, 2009
    Just get one guys. Who cares if your friends are gonna make fun of the teeth, and you had to warm yourself up to liking the teeth too... it's a bad ass 17" knife at a great price. It definitely has that retro quasi fantasy feel to it. I'm all over it.

5. kdstrick

kdstrick

May 27, 2007
    No teeth????

Would Rambo have been Rambo without those sweet-azz teeth on that Lile???

C'mon now. If Rambo had INFI he would have conquered the entire mid east, eastern europe and the solomon islands.

Teeth rock...

6. adrock1978

adrock1978

May 30, 2009
    ...most of the time. ;)

7. Flatsman007

Flatsman007

Apr 13, 2010
    My two favorite things - sick and good price!!

8. vxd

vxd Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2011
    It's almost gone, I can feel it ;)

9. kcwater

kcwater

May 29, 2015
    I've got 1 on order. Are people buying multiples so they can have a user and a safe queen? Or do you think they will just appreciate in value due to limited availability?

Or do you just need to crack open 2 beers at once with the saw teeth and thus need 2 battle saws?

10. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Wait a minute,,, one Busse, order just one you say ? Is that an option ? :confused::eek::D:D
    Lol
    But seriously for me I don't worry so much about value, it's all about spares :thumbup:
    What combo did you go for ? I'm thinking muddy and orange black and ............. :rolleyes::D

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    The way I look at it this is one of those knives that non busse people who like a large blade but don't like a thick blade should jump on. This one will go up in value. Basically an ASHBM with a saw back. Never seen that before except maybe in a custom.

12. newyork

newyork

May 9, 2010
    Damn it you guys I did it! I ordered one!

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    hard to say no. isn't it

14. newyork

newyork

May 9, 2010
    It sure was.

15. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Damn, that was a close call! I read that the Battle Saw SOLD OUT on Saturday morning but nobody has been at the office to update the website.

[​IMG]

(or did I?)

16. Niddhogg

Niddhogg

Nov 2, 2014
    This Forum is dangerous to my pocketbook... Y'all have me wondering if the one I ordered is going to be enough! If I didn't already have three others in limbo, it'd be a no-brainer...

17. Skrapmetal

Skrapmetal

Jul 13, 2009
    I'll be happy with the one... I doubt it'll replace my 1311 as my main user, so I don't think I need a backup.

And if I'm wrong, there's always the secondary market.

18. nemesis

nemesis Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2005
    This is what I'm thinking. I just don't see myself honestly needing a back up, and if I do I'll have to pay secondary price. Although if I could swing two I would because I do believe this will be a classic with a high secondary market price tag 5 years from now

19. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I could honestly care less what the secondary market will offer, I bought it to use, I am NOT into .337 inch choppers they add weight and DO NOT chop any better. .220 is absolutely perfect, same width as the ash-1 and NMSFNO, plus the CBT just adds a touch of class to any knife-It has been my experience that loosing any money on a Busse knife that is UNUSED is really almost next to impossible-Enjoy it!!!

20. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    This is correct