• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

BBQ Cleaver 52100, Camel thorn

Pfry

Knifemaker, UK
Here for sale i have a BBQ cleaver that ive just finished up. This is my first attempt at a cleaver, its not perfect but im happy with how it turned out.
I designed this to be somewhere between a veg cleaver and butchers cleaver, hence the BBQ. Perfect for preparing pork ribs, chicken carcasses, cabbage and corn etc

OAL- 11.5'' (292mm)
Cutting edge- 6.25'' (160mm)
Maximum height- 2.5'' (64mm)
Spine thickness- 0.12'' (3.1mm)

The 52100 steel has been cycled and edge quenched to a hardness of 58-60 HRc

A simple mustard patina has been added to the blade flats which has also brought out the temper line between the hard and softer steel

The primary bevels have been flat ground and cork belt finished, this is not a mirror finish and does have a scratch pattern as shown in the photos

Edge thickness before sharpening was 0.025'' and a 20dps convex secondary bevel has been added. This is not a super sharp knife, but it is sharp enough to do what its designed to do

Handle is constructed from camel thorn hardwood, orange and black G10 liners, brass corby bolts and mosaic pin. The wood has been treated with multiple rounds of tru oil and finished with beeswax. The spine and choil have been slightly rounded for comfort

Im asking for $SOLD which includes free tracked shipping from UK
Payment can be made via Paypal to pfryknives@yahoo.com

As with all my sold knives i am happy to accept returns withing 3 days of receiving if you decide you dont like or simply change your mind

Any questions or comments welcomed. Thanks for looking

jQdgn4m.jpg

NveHNwa.jpg

DGa1qtH.jpg

g0kycGm.jpg

Nw75tvW.jpg

2yjYb5V.jpg

Last edited:
For the first attempt of making a cleaver, you absolutely hit the gong! I like it very much.

Back