Photos Bearing Dimensions?

Hey BF,

I lost one of my Spyderco Domino bearings a long time ago and have been looking for a replacement. The dimensions I took from the remaining bearing doesn't seem to match any dimensions I could find online. As it appears the three primary pivot sizes are 0.125', 0.1875' and 0.25' however the pivot by my measurements doesn't fit those categories. I would assume my electronic caliper is slightly off. Looking for suggestions to what size you think would be appropriate, or if anybody who has a Spyderco Domino could also take the dimensions that would be greatly appreciated.

829aaf15ef0e5833f73874f6ec518991.png

(Bearing dimension below)
6edffb87973b1c6d31a4fc299d75e290.png

d26245621ef6a3db4381122229fa517e.png

(Bearing cage dimension below)
8173d6f23fc2492ce14eb1cef72893b9.png

-Gideons

Last edited:
Yeah he's not been around for a while. I tried getting ahold of him a few months ago.

The bearings/washers for the Domino and Southard are the same, and they aren't easy to find. I remember looking for washers a while back and ran into a roadblock. Spyderco uses very specific and or custom sized hardware on a lot of knives. One of the suppliers I found that had similar sized washers would only sell them in bulk, and I don't need several hundred of them, lol.

Your best bet might be just to send it into Spyderco, often times they have all sorts of odds and ends lying around their shop in Golden. They did manage to get me a pivot for my Domino, unfortunately they won't send internal parts so you'd have to send it to them.

Yeah he's not been around for a while. I tried getting ahold of him a few months ago.

The bearings/washers for the Domino and Southard are the same, and they aren't easy to find. I remember looking for washers a while back and ran into a roadblock. Spyderco uses very specific and or custom sized hardware on a lot of knives. One of the suppliers I found that had similar sized washers would only sell them in bulk, and I don't need several hundred of them, lol.

Your best bet might be just to send it into Spyderco, often times they have all sorts of odds and ends lying around their shop in Golden. They did manage to get me a pivot for my Domino, unfortunately they won't send internal parts so you'd have to send it to them.

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. Living in Canada sending knives to the United States for any reason isn't really an option if you ever want to see that knife again. I've already had one knife this year seized and destroyed by the CBSA this year. As Albert Einstein once wisely stated "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.".

Last edited:
Yeah that complicates things a bit more. You could always try calling and talking to someone at Spyderco and see if they will send you one.

Yeah that complicates things a bit more. You could always try calling and talking to someone at Spyderco and see if they will send you one.

I spoke to their customer service once in 2018 then once in 2019. Both times, they just repeated Spyderco official policy that they don't ship internal parts and I would need to send it in for repair.

Thanks for the link. I followed up with the individual who was manufacturing the bearings. However, I've seen reports he has been inactive for the past while...

That's too bad. I have a Dice, Domino and Mantra. I was kind of thinking about getting a set also, just in case...

Seems like USA Knifemaker has some bearings that will work, might get your knife usable again at least OP.

The inner diameter is a little wider but I've heard a couple people say that they will work in the Southard and Domino.

.251" ID

.416" OD

.0625" thick

Back