BEAT UP LEATHER LETS SEE EM

HOME MADE STORE BOUGHT OR PREFERABLY FROM JK. POST AGE AND STORY OF THE BATTLE SCARS

My old Ka Bar.
I gave it to my mother back in 1980 and forgot about it, but luckily got it back when she died in 2005.
She loved to camp and used the heck out of it judging by the scars on the sheath and the blade.
Lilsl36.jpg

Funny story....
Back when I was a young dumb and full of cum Marine:rolleyes: I sharpened the top false edge.(swedge?)
I forgot I had sharpened the top edge and when I got it back 20 some years later I was using it to split kindling for the fireplace.
My method of kindling prep back when I was working and had hands to show for it was to hit the spine with my hand, open palmed and naturally the front of the spine gets the whacking.
So yeah, I was splitting the kindling and felt a stinging in my hand after a few whacks and looked and saw blood.:eek:
Luckily it wasn't as sharp as it was 20+ yrs earlier so the cuts to my hand were very minor and my ego was hurt worse than the hand.:oops:

greased boots.jpeg
just cleaned and greased my two pairs of civilian boots I wear the 14 yr old pair of whites smoke jumpers in the summer and spring. And the old ARMY mountain ski boots from the 80s in the fall and winter. I only wear shoes when I work out.

Good job Soldier!
Now you can add another star to your shoe shinning ribbon.;):p:D

All kidding aside, I assume the grease is soaking in and the excess will be wiped off when max saturation has been achieved or do you let it dry then buff/polish?

Back