Beautiful...but not quite what I ordered. M43.

I received three request for this beauty and one lucky forumite snowwolf will add this to his ever-growing collection.
Thank you all for your interest in this beauty and I will try to get more made as soon as situation gets better in Nepal and shop.

I received three request for this beauty and one lucky forumite snowwolf will add this to his ever-growing collection.
Thank you all for your interest in this beauty and I will try to get more made as soon as situation gets better in Nepal and shop.

If you could see me now... I'd be doing the snowshark dance of happiness ;-) Thuche!!!!!!!

Yeah Aunty rocks!
Thank you and congrats to Snowshark.

You bet!

I don't know if the M43 comes with a scabbard/sheath. If not, I'll add one of those donation leather sheaths.

Congratulations Snowwolf, take good care of her now, she was beautiful and a dream to wield, unreal excellent balance. And have no worries, it came with the standard beautiful sheath, also polished the beautiful blade with some extra mild polish and a light coat of mineral oil for the trip back to Yangdu, enjoy.

A nice little birthday present for yourself :thumbup:
Yep...

I actually spoiled myself twice. As I also sent one of my Micro Bowies to a local knifemaker artist for a rehandling job.

The next box from Auntie will be full of greatness.

Congratulations Snowwolf, take good care of her now, she was beautiful and a dream to wield, unreal excellent balance. And have no worries, it came with the standard beautiful sheath, also polished the beautiful blade with some extra mild polish and a light coat of mineral oil for the trip back to Yangdu, enjoy.

I'm sad that it didn't meet your expectations. I also understand the pressure of "if you could have only one". In this case, that particular heavy piece wouldn't be my choice either. But since I'm little further than you in my career path, I can afford few more. Some to play/train/work with and some just to look at.

Your M43 will go in my collectible item stash. I will keep it squeaky clean.

Can't say the same about the Vojpuri in the other tread. It is as subtle as Godzilla walking the park.
It destroys everything I'm throwing at it.

I'm sad that it didn't meet your expectations. I also understand the pressure of "if you could have only one". In this case, that particular heavy piece wouldn't be my choice either. But since I'm little further than you in my career path, I can afford few more. Some to play/train/work with and some just to look at.

Your M43 will go in my collectible item stash. I will keep it squeaky clean.

I'm sure you will love it. Mine came in at the same time as Aleous and it's great.

Dude Gehazi, hook a brotha up with one of those sweet khuks. Throw me a bone bro! I see that stash of yours... lol
it is a beautiful m43 , i love the horn handle, and the smooth curve, as everyone has already agreed is a work of art even if not to spec, and im sure yangdu can sell this for full price if he needs to send it back

if you want a chitlangi I can probably arrange something , you dont have any old books or guns do you ? :D

Only the guns that I take with me to the gym! :cool: What type of old books are you into? I have access to lots of 19th century books. Condition Varies though.

I really like the old nature books with watercolors of plants and animals, old atlas, as well as any books about mythology, religion or history. Not really into anything having to do with american civil war, more interested in world history but america 1850 and before is fine

I'm not sure you can make an 18" M43 with just 25 oz weight. Most 18" M43's are between 31 and 37 oz, and mine is 31.4 oz.

How to cut those 8+ ounces? thinner? shorter? with fullers? with cutout's? Anybody can answer this question?

mmm, well, i have a classic M43 that is 17.5 inches and 25.65 ounces made by HI in the Uncle Bill era; so it's possible...

it's amazing fast, balanced, and sharp. love it.

[ETA] not for sale. nope. i scored perfection, mine mine mine :D thanks for asking.

5th from the right (ignore the other hotness)

IMG_5663.jpg

Last edited:
Back