Beautiful...but not quite what I ordered. M43.

Nice family you have up there Bladite :)
My personal favorites are 7th and 3rd from the right.

I received Aleous' M43 earlier this week. Very very nice blade. The Kami's work is remarkable.

The weight doesn't bother me at all.

I ran a file on the buttplate to compensate for the little horn shrinkage. Speaking of the horn scales, both sides had some significant marks. Not only they show on Aleous' pictures but can also be feel in the hand.

I totally love this M43 with its fantastic blade regardless of the purely cosmetic defects on the handle. I'm pleased and honored to have it.

in the whole "how how they make it lighter", and thinking also "fighters" of a sort:

IMG_6268.jpg

now, the longest of those is also the lightest, one of the very early ones made. it's so thin it *rings* when tapped. pretty amazing.

the next longest is by far the heaviest i've ever seen (47 oz)

so the kamis eventually settled on the classic foxy folly after much wrangling. just an example that when they try something new, or get a lot of new people, they make interesting things, and eventually target in. for years then, they made wondrous Foxies. then you know, new blood, innovation. results may vary :D thus, that "neo" para Foxy with the companion blade. still on my list, but i'm frugal, so haven't gone out of my way to get one.

take the "bone cutter"; when i was working with Yangdu to get this done, we had pictures of the originals, and as well, many old examples of GRS, which to my mind, are VERY close to the bone cutter we sought. so, they had Sgt. Khadka give it a go... the result was the one with the 4 rivets:

IMG_6272.jpg

love that blade, but someone loved it more, and well, he has it now... almost regret that. almost.

originals and samshers, and such:

bc-samsher-bc-foxy-bc.jpg

eventually, we evolved to this, HI Bonecutter #2, you can blame me for the full tang and rivets. i kinda wanted that over rat tail like the originals. for zombies.

IMG_1771-X2.jpg

absolute perfection. they executed everything SO well. amaze. such good. very nice. so sharp. wow. liked it so much i got a smaller one. then they went and made two more sizes (giant and super small): one day i'll get those too.

in conclusion: HI does great work, sometimes you just have to be patient :D

oh, hey, back to M43s, check out this handle detail:

m43hndl2-X2.jpg

and the sheath detail: wow:

m43-X2.jpg

have a good one... (pssssst, neo foxy, Sgt. Khadka bonecutters, ...)

Last edited:
Phillll forget the photoshop job, what the heck is this animal? Looks like a dog-cat-seal hybrid.

Bladite - I'm dying for a bonecutter. If you decide to sell one, I will jump on any reasonable offer.

Bladite - I'm dying for a bonecutter. If you decide to sell one, I will jump on any reasonable offer.

jump on a bone cutter? man, that's hardcore.

but nope. it be mine, too perfect. ask yangdu for a Sgt. Khadka Bonecutter. who knows?

Last edited:
Me thinks that's right up there with asking the tooth fairy for a new set of teeth.

A Bura Bonecutter? That's what dreams are made of right there.

yeah even the one I was almost able to buy was denied at the last minute, he decided to keep those :D-- good call I say!

Me thinks that's right up there with asking the tooth fairy for a new set of teeth.

A Sgt. Khadka Bonecutter? That's what dreams are made of right there.

well, back in the day, there were no HI bonecutters. i asked. a lot. helped make it happen.

then we had some :)

so. ask :D

Last edited:
Please don't bombard Auntie with emails about bonecutters. Until the shops are in order, the store is stocked back up and the difficulties in Nepal are over/worked thru, she has enough on her plate. Obviously there will be no Bura's and since the good Sgt. Khadka has lost his shop, there won't be any of his in the immediate future either. We had some awhile back, so there will be more, just be patient.

Please don't bombard Auntie with emails about bonecutters. Until the shops are in order, the store is stocked back up and the difficulties in Nepal are over/worked thru, she has enough on her plate. Obviously there will be no Bura's and since the good Sgt. Khadka has lost his shop, there won't be any of his in the immediate future either. We had some awhile back, so there will be more, just be patient.

would it be polite to be put on a waiting list? time no limit?

Bura? Obviously?

i'll point out, that still, my EDC is a Sher 18 inch GRS, that i got as a cheap blem, rusted, pitted, and extensively polished, and convexed... handle cracks fixed. it's not my first HI, but close, and my EDC of choice. a really good piece of steel, that has seen the world, and then some.

would it be polite to be put on a waiting list? time no limit?

It would be better for all to just be patient. When more are made they will sell here.
A wait list is just one more thing for Auntie to have to deal with.

Bura? Obviously?

The Royal Kami retired a few years ago due to health issues.
The Kami medical fund donations help pay for his needed medications and doctor visits.

Last edited:

No worries from my part. I asked about a month ago for a custom and got a very nice reply from her regarding the current situation. I totally understand.

I'm sure you don't mind if I keep dreaming ;-)

You have all my support in these difficult times.

Last edited:
same here, as soon as its able, I plan on putting a very large deposit on a custom too ! ( though a custom HI mandau looks better and better -- I wonder if I can persuade them :D)

Great pix, thank you for sharing

Great pix, thank you for sharing

HI is the best, still in my heart and thoughts.

more bonecutters and foxy folly please :D always.

okay, GRS too

i like the classics :D

blessings esp to Sher, Bura, Sgt Khadka, and always Uncle Bill and family

Back