Beauty, Beast, Blems and Used Knives for 4/7

I hear you my friend. Pickier is probably a good thing. I've been going pretty hog wild myself.

Last edited:
Maybe BB, but you've also been picking up some glorious pieces!!

Also, much to my surprise, got the DD on that M-43!

Congrats on that DD Snow. I think my Falcata is one of my top3 favorites all time. Though if I ever had to use it to defend myself I better hope I can do the deed in 1 or 2 swings because after that my poor arms will be limp noodles. They are BEASTLY for sure but oh so gorgeous. If I remember right you are a pretty BIG guy so I think you will be much more effective with the 'cata than I. Be very interested to hear what you think of it when you get your hands on it.

One day I'll have to commission a custom lightweight Falcata. Given my liking of the kukri, it's only natural.

Scara, I'd go in on one of those in a heartbeat

I'd probably go for about 36 ounces. According to Shavru that's about what historical falcatas weighed. And with the materials and methods HI uses, their Falcata would be far more durable than the historical ones at the same weight.

Ooooooh A Falcata with fullers like the ones on a Foxy?? That would bring the weight down as a starting point at least and look GORGEOUS too! :D

Oh is that what makes the Foxy so special? Extra deep fullers? Cool! Gotta check the pictures more carefully.

I was just thinking of a thinner blade, but deep fullers would be attractive.

The Foxy is special for both, a bit thinner and deep beautiful fullers. Very light for size usually.

I just had Foxy Bowie running through my head. I got both new Bowies here at my desk for a bonding session.

Co workers walk by and shake their heads, I'm not sure what's wrong with them, maybe sore necks or something.

My M-43 came in on Friday. Oh my lord is it beautiful. And it feels amazing in hand. This blade has yet to be used, and I can already see it becoming a favorite. Pix and review thread to come, after I put it through it's paces!

Whaaaaa[emoji22]

Got my kitchen camp knife, and there is a 1" crack in the blade about middle in the cho. Visible from both sides.

Aw man! That's sad. It looks a little strange in the picture in that area.

Hopefully Yangdu has another one similar to it to ease your pain.

Aw man! That's sad. It looks a little strange in the picture in that area.

Hopefully Yangdu has another one similar to it to ease your pain.

I agree Bawanna, but before now i didnt notice the strangeness. Ill post a pic before to long

Something like this usually doesn't get past Yangdu. She has a very discerning eye and spots flaws most of us can never find, as evidenced by some of the blems we get that we can't find.

Back