Beaver Tooth Handle--Anyone Else Been Cheated?

my local supplier is an hour away and i end up buying a bunch of other stuff so it ends up being the same either way

Hi, all. I just had a bad experience with Beaver Tooth Handle Company that was made even worse by their handling of it. I'm wondering if others have been treated the same shoddy way.

I ordered from their website a 28" handle or a half/boy's single bit head I had (a 2-1/4lb True-Temper Flint Edge). The description on the site said that the eye size was 2" x 5/8", so I ordered. What came was 28", but the eye size was MUCH smaller, 1-3/4" x 1/2".

I pointed out this error, and asked about an exchange. They responded that I'd ordered a 1-7/8" x 9/16" eye (Nevermind that what I received wasn't even THAT size). When I then directed them to the two places on their site and Facebook page where the 2" dimension is advertised, they responded: "You got what you ordered."

No apology, no offer to make it right.

Now I have wasted my money on an axe handle that will only fit a hatchet I will never own.

Anyone else been treated this way? Are they this sloppy with all orders and rude to customers?

Thanks.

I ordered a handle that I never received . And they wouldn't even respond to emails . So yeah they suck !!!

Trouble with all these allegations/confrontations is they show up on Google search. I'd contact them again about setting this right. Costs you nothing but their response will effect their business in the public eye. Your gripe was eye size whereas the majority of us whine about blems, grain orientation/runout and knots which is much more subjective. Expecting a factory-made handle to immediately fit like a glove is unrealistic but to have it fall right through cannot reasonably be corrected with an overly wide/thick wedge.

Glad I read this. I've been looking for a half dozen handles for heads I need to get hung and I've been focusing on beaver tooth lately. I've heard a lot of good things about them, but I also noticed they were trying to offload a lot of blemished handles and seconds, and seem to be out of a lot of sizes lately. I'll check out a few of the recommendations in this thread and see what I can find, and if beaver tooth gets any of my business it'll only be for masks unless I can find some elsewhere.

I ran across a company called Thrane Axe and Saw Co. when I searched for handle blanks earlier, but the blanks cost about four times more than most semi-finished handles out there, and finished Thrane handles are in the $100+ dollar range. I can't come off that much for a handle, let alone six of them.

Last edited:
Check Ben Meadows for sheaths/masks.

https://www.benmeadows.com/weaver-leather-axe-sheaths_36810345/?selectedsku=160681

Or google Weaver Leather. Weavers are full welt.

For handles check your local chainsaw shops. One of mine carries Tennessee Hickory Products stuff. Very finest white hickory. It's who Beaver Tooth buys from.
I never thought of checking with saw shops, honestly. I've been making the rounds at local hardware stores and picking through what they have. The difficult part is finding handles for the cruisers locally. When I ask about any sizes other than the normal 36" lengths most places have, people seem to be astonished that axes come in different sizes and weights. So I think that's going to have to be an online purchase unless I run across a place with Tennessee Hickory stuff that's willing to special order one for me.

Last edited:
I also received a 24inch handle that was way to small for a 2.25lb head. I happened to have a 2lb collins head with and eye size that was perfect. So, it made a nice handle but not for the head I bought it for. lol

More and more I end up dealing with total spastics on ebay. Not JB obviously, but everyone else - rude, claim they said one thing regardless of the fact that what they said was WRITTEN. Then they get butt hurt over negative feedback. Ebay is all like, oh man, before you leave that feedback you wanna make sure .... yeah blah blah blah. Nothing comes of it so it's not like ebay actually cares. Just rude "private" messages that anyone who bothers to visit the seller's rating page can see at least part of.

They sent me the right handles/sizes BUT the horizontal end grain is the worst handle crap I have ever seen in my entire 67 years of existence in this planet.

Back