Becker BK21, how do you carry?

I received a BK21 yesterday and after fondling it a while and seeing how it sits in the included sheath, I’m led to the question, “What’s the best way to carry this?”

So I’m asking how you carry yours so I have some starting points.

Where, how and in what sheath do you carry your BK21?

Thanks for any/all input!

I'm in the same situation....

While the sheath appears funtional, I don't like how the strap lingers and gets in the way while re-sheathing the blade. I Know it will cut me.
That's why I don't use mine enough, and it sits in a bucket.

I carry mine in my right hand - arm down, blade forward, spine up - right shoulder elevated. Walking with a limp and exaggerated foot drag.

Hockey Mask or not? "Special" occasions only?

I use a 710/Diez Knives kydex and leather dangler. I have two of them and will likely get a third for my other 21. Worth every penny. They position the handle farther (around 6 inches) down and within easy reach. You can use a little cord to tie the sheath to your leg to keep it from flopping around.

The stock sheath with belt loop is hard to live with and rides WAY too high.

mwBTpxU.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m seeing ease of carry and accessibility are going to cause some issues.
I was starting to wonder if some attached them to a pack and didn’t even carry them.

The length seems to negate a decent crossdraw as well!

So these seem to dictate a solid dangler as OnceBitten has found works for him.

Would this be others observations as well?

If i want to carry just a Large blade in the woods, baldric carry would be my preference :thumbsup: I set all my large blades to be carried this way. Only cause it’s simple. Im sure there are better ways:thumbsup:
EB062E75-C4DC-47B6-889A-EB3D77C44AC3.jpeg4727C4A7-DA79-487C-8FBA-44C6BA3AB9FA.jpegI very much like the sheath from 710/Diez knives :thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the 21 ! A favorite of mine:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If i want to carry just a Large blade in the woods, baldric carry would be my preference :thumbsup: I set all my large blades to be carried this way. Only cause it’s simple. Im sure there are better ways:thumbsup:
View attachment 1590656I very much like the sheath from 710/Diez knives :thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the 21 ! A favorite of mine:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info and including pics, Xr6x! I like the idea of crossdraw still, and a baldric setup would allow that!

Did Diez include the D-ring attachments on your sheath or did you do those yourself?

Thanks!

Your welcome Plainsman! I did make the d-ring attachments 🤪. I’m sure Diez could come up with a much better baldric setup.

It is too big for belt carry for me. I carry it in or on my pack. I usually have a folder or small belt knife anyway. The factory sheath isn’t great but it isn’t bulky so it works for the way I carry it.

Back