Becker East Fall 2016 Gathering

I dunno - that "friends with Todd" thing sounds a bit sketchy, considering I've met several of his friends...........

but - I suppose we could make an exception for you.

Id love to go. Im Friends with todd, Would there be any possiblity you could squeeze one more in?

Vik can correct me if im wrong, but if this thread isnt closed than there is probably room. Be great to have another knife maker there to chew the fat with, hope you can make it.

Oh, i see Vik got to the response before i could fat finger something in......

Just remember Vik, your one of those "shady friends!"

wait - he's a knife maker?
If I bring a heat source & a couple of anvils, he can show people how to make knives & stuff?
woot!

wait - he's a knife maker?
If I bring a heat source & a couple of anvils, he can show people how to make knives & stuff?
woot!

Im sure we could pick his brain. He,makes,some cool stuff!

I'd love to learn some knife making skills myself. The friend I mentioned may be coming along has been taking lessons from a local blacksmith who makes some amazing blades and my buddies first couple of attempts are pretty nice themselves. I'm stuck buying all my blades for now.

sweet.
if you have spare stock laying around, bring a few pieces to sell -- or to let folks play with.

Ill try to get some things together to play with.
QMTdNLL.jpg

I would like to make something like my Jeff White Trekker, minus all the hammer marks he left on it and perhaps a different grind. A kephart would be another I'd like to try to make, although I do love my condor kephart.

I could probably provide some 1095 bar stock or mebbe just mebbe I could talk myself into bringing some big blanks I have in 5160

I'd toss a picture of the blanks up, but I'm not tech smart enough to figure it out

It apparently only accepts image urls instead of allowing me to just insert a picture. Any helpful pointers on how I do that? Photobucket or something?

I post pics on FB and copy the url - paste it between and /img tags.
flikr, photobucket, tumblr -- any hoting site will work

It apparently only accepts image urls instead of allowing me to just insert a picture. Any helpful pointers on how I do that? Photobucket or something?

I hate photobucket.
It works though, I use it lol. Best to use the app. The web based is nothing but ads.

here's a question -- how many want to camp up on the ridge and how many would like to do a repeat of the "sprawling house party"
even if folks prefer the ridge, we will probably be doing suppers on the patio.

I like camping on the ridge but I'm not picky.

URL=http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/spamburglar/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg.html]
image.jpeg
[/URL]

Back