Becker East Fall 2016 Gathering

I have a blind horse bushcrafter.

The Blind Horse Bushcrafter is really nice. I just like that blade and handle design a lot and really want to try my hand at making one like it. I'm not worried about mirror polish or anything and I'd be happy with wood scales. I want it to be used hard so function is far more important than looks. Would something like that be hard to make? Keeping in mind I've never made a knife and have limited grinding experience. Id probably want the blade a little longer and the main reason I want to see one is to see how the handle feels on my hand.

I hope you folks have a great time this weekend! I'm pretty bummed that I won't be making the gathering this fall. :(

I hope you folks have a great time this weekend! I'm pretty bummed that I won't be making the gathering this fall. :(

On the plus side you've got a guaranteed gathering buddy on the way. More importantly a designated driver in the making too.

Hey guys, another guy I know is going to be riding the dragon this weekend and has asked if it would be ok if he stopped by after the ride Saturday to check everything out. Do you think that would be ok? I didn't want to tell him yes or no without checking in to see where that sort of thing stands. He was wanting to stop by Saturday afternoon and stay the night with myself and my other friend who is already coming. Would that be acceptable or no?

Hey guys, another guy I know is going to be riding the dragon this weekend and has asked if it would be ok if he stopped by after the ride Saturday to check everything out. Do you think that would be ok? I didn't want to tell him yes or no without checking in to see where that sort of thing stands. He was wanting to stop by Saturday afternoon and stay the night with myself and my other friend who is already coming. Would that be acceptable or no?

Is he bringing bacon and beer?

Just did my Costco run...

I'll have a 15lb bag of spuds, 3lbs of keilbasa, tortillas, biscotti, and a flat of water to throw into the potluck.

I talked to E today - he says it's been so dry lately, he doesn't want to chance fires up on top of the ridge, so we will be staying down below.
on the plus side, he's been clearing out camp and hammock sites, so there should be plenty of room.
On the other, other plus side -- the forecast is suggesting storms Saturday night, so staying off the ridge may be a good plan.
with all this in mind he bought a big double burner grill for making breakfast -- and I'm still bringing a fish fryer or 2 for cooking grits and maybe chili if such things happen....

sure.

I talked to E today - he says it's been so dry lately, he doesn't want to chance fires up on top of the ridge, so we will be staying down below.
on the plus side, he's been clearing out camp and hammock sites, so there should be plenty of room.
On the other, other plus side -- the forecast is suggesting storms Saturday night, so staying off the ridge may be a good plan.
with all this in mind he bought a big double burner grill for making breakfast -- and I'm still bringing a fish fryer or 2 for cooking grits and maybe chili if such things happen....

sure.
I'll have a two burner stove and some extra propane that can be pressed into service if needed.

This is good news. I figured on sleeping up top to make room for others as it sounded like space may be limited. If there's plenty of room and storms, we'll just stick with the group. The other other plus is I can save wear and tear on the Jeep and ride in the comfort of the Camry and m'ladies will have the space to pack like they're moving out... as usual lol.

I have eggs bacon to pitch in to the group breakfasts, cabbage for Saturday night, bread to share for Friday's stew, and I'll make a pile of quesadillas around lunch Saturday to share till they're gone. If anyone needs any NC goods hit me up!

This is good news. I figured on sleeping up top to make room for others as it sounded like space may be limited. If there's plenty of room and storms, we'll just stick with the group. The other other plus is I can save wear and tear on the Jeep and ride in the comfort of the Camry and m'ladies will have the space to pack like they're moving out... as usual lol.

I have eggs bacon to pitch in to the group breakfasts, cabbage for Saturday night, bread to share for Friday's stew, and I'll make a pile of quesadillas around lunch Saturday to share till they're gone. If anyone needs any NC goods hit me up!

Payment attention single guys, this is how you know it's time to cash out.

Ok so do we have a final count and me and my better half will be up on Friday around 3 or 4

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You guys gonna post the address so the new folks can put it in there GPS?

I thought Vik posted it here but now I don't see it.

ETA: post #58
Pay attention Todd!

For a minute I seriously thought I had imagined it lol
Been a long friggin week already, I'm ready for it to be done
and get to TN!

Last edited:
As usual, things have come up in life....again....so I won't be able to make it. Scratch me back off the list.

Back