1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Becker Fall Gathering chat thread

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Ethan Becker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I could do a class on taping buttcheeks together, I've got about 30 min worth of lecture and a powerpoint. I'm proficient with 6 kinds of tape.

2. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I have a couple rolls of 4" wide tape -- works great for a vertical seal.

3. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    Like everyone else east of the Mississippi River, I have been glued to my weather apps....... The weather guessers are predicting a good weekend for the festivities....we have dealt with his before.. sooooo we are on...... e

4. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    just a head's up -- according to the forecast, the heavy rains will be out of the area early Wednesday, but there will either be a 20-30% chance of damp through the weekend or it'll be glorious and mostly sunny -- depending on which forecast model you're looking at.
    so - it'll be just like every gathering other than the one where we had a fire ban.

5. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    I just spent a great day on the mountain with my friend Gilbert and our 1974 D4D dozer.... the we repaired the road to Canada Camp , as I thought the tight curve was getting a bit sketchy and we cleaned the bank at th camp proper...... lots more room..... Wanda has been cleaning downed trees off the roads and we have one left...... not critical but gonna hafta happen anyway......Got a trouble tree at Beckerhead Camp that must go and it will have to be rigged so that the shelter will be intact afterward..... That tree died of cupronickel and lead overload...... Very nerve racking placement.....

If the weather turns to crap on us we will just concentrate on the shop and the house which, as Vik points out has happened in the past and we had a grand time anyway...... Bring a cot if you have one....Makes it much more comfy than concrete......

A good time is expected no matter the weather......

E

Xr6x, NCSlice and Mike McCarter like this.
  6. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Very excited and very grateful. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  7. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    Good times, Gus.... Good times!... Safe journey..... e

8. SALTY

SALTY Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Though unable to get out of NJ this weekend, we will be with you guys in spirit - truly wishing I could be there to aggravate you all.

Sometime over the course of the weekend, in a tribute to the good times with good people that Joey and I have enjoyed at Camp Ethan, may just order up the world famous Jersey staple: Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese (The "Triple Crown" of Heart Disease) with salt/pepper/ketchup and face southwest holding for a respectful moment before indulging.

May even cut it in half with a BK15!

9. gmoneyluv

Jan 4, 2012
    Gonna miss seeing guys! Might miss the pork roll, egg and cheese even more!

10. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    Thanks for the reminder Salty.... David Andersen brought a six pounder down to share and I gota unfreeze it..... Joey will be missed..... I did have your place in the furnace room(also known as the most suitable perch for members of the bar) resevedfor you.... e

gmoneyluv likes this.
  11. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    Bladite just called from Sloan's Magical Merchantile Emporium..... Sooooooo.... The Gathering is Officially open.... Good Times!!!!!..... e

Mike McCarter likes this.
  12. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    Blah dee tay in the house

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  13. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    I don't know what that means.

14. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    A rain delay on the Tradewater Forge Outpost/smithy/party barn has unfortunately cost us the gathering. The crew needs to finish up this week so we will be working through the weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

So have fun guys. Will miss seeing one or two of you all ;). The worst part is no Mrs. Trade's fried pies.

I had some of these Barlow Beer Mugs hammered out to give away, I'll find a way to do it anyway.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  15. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    Fixed

16. DerekH

DerekH Handsome According to my Mother Moderator

Nov 18, 2010
    Verily.

17. SaturatedShadow

SaturatedShadow

Apr 28, 2010
    Rolling out. I should arrive around 9ish tonight.

18. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    sitting here in casa del Becker eating home-cured bacon and drinking coffee waiting for the faithful to arrive.

Mike McCarter likes this.
  19. DavidCAndersen

DavidCAndersen

Nov 11, 2013
    I'll be seeing yas late tonight. Here is but one of the side dishes I am bringing for tomorrow night...

Attached Files:

20. gmoneyluv

Jan 4, 2012
    We're packing right now. Should be on the road by noon. Should be there Friday afternoon.