Becker Fall Gathering chat thread

I could do a class on taping buttcheeks together, I've got about 30 min worth of lecture and a powerpoint. I'm proficient with 6 kinds of tape.

I have a couple rolls of 4" wide tape -- works great for a vertical seal.

Like everyone else east of the Mississippi River, I have been glued to my weather apps....... The weather guessers are predicting a good weekend for the festivities....we have dealt with his before.. sooooo we are on...... e

just a head's up -- according to the forecast, the heavy rains will be out of the area early Wednesday, but there will either be a 20-30% chance of damp through the weekend or it'll be glorious and mostly sunny -- depending on which forecast model you're looking at.
so - it'll be just like every gathering other than the one where we had a fire ban.

I just spent a great day on the mountain with my friend Gilbert and our 1974 D4D dozer.... the we repaired the road to Canada Camp , as I thought the tight curve was getting a bit sketchy and we cleaned the bank at th camp proper...... lots more room..... Wanda has been cleaning downed trees off the roads and we have one left...... not critical but gonna hafta happen anyway......Got a trouble tree at Beckerhead Camp that must go and it will have to be rigged so that the shelter will be intact afterward..... That tree died of cupronickel and lead overload...... Very nerve racking placement.....

If the weather turns to crap on us we will just concentrate on the shop and the house which, as Vik points out has happened in the past and we had a grand time anyway...... Bring a cot if you have one....Makes it much more comfy than concrete......

A good time is expected no matter the weather......

E

I just spent a great day on the mountain with my friend Gilbert and our 1974 D4D dozer.... the we repaired the road to Canada Camp , as I thought the tight curve was getting a bit sketchy and we cleaned the bank at th camp proper...... lots more room..... Wanda has been cleaning downed trees off the roads and we have one left...... not critical but gonna hafta happen anyway......Got a trouble tree at Beckerhead Camp that must go and it will have to be rigged so that the shelter will be intact afterward..... That tree died of cupronickel and lead overload...... Very nerve racking placement.....

If the weather turns to crap on us we will just concentrate on the shop and the house which, as Vik points out has happened in the past and we had a grand time anyway...... Bring a cot if you have one....Makes it much more comfy than concrete......

A good time is expected no matter the weather......

E

Very excited and very grateful. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else.

Last edited:
Though unable to get out of NJ this weekend, we will be with you guys in spirit - truly wishing I could be there to aggravate you all.

Sometime over the course of the weekend, in a tribute to the good times with good people that Joey and I have enjoyed at Camp Ethan, may just order up the world famous Jersey staple: Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese (The "Triple Crown" of Heart Disease) with salt/pepper/ketchup and face southwest holding for a respectful moment before indulging.

May even cut it in half with a BK15!

Though unable to get out of NJ this weekend, we will be with you guys in spirit - truly wishing I could be there to aggravate you all.

Sometime over the course of the weekend, in a tribute to the good times with good people that Joey and I have enjoyed at Camp Ethan, may just order up the world famous Jersey staple: Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese (The "Triple Crown" of Heart Disease) with salt/pepper/ketchup and face southwest holding for a respectful moment before indulging.

May even cut it in half with a BK15!

Gonna miss seeing guys! Might miss the pork roll, egg and cheese even more!

Thanks for the reminder Salty.... David Andersen brought a six pounder down to share and I gota unfreeze it..... Joey will be missed..... I did have your place in the furnace room(also known as the most suitable perch for members of the bar) resevedfor you.... e

Bladite just called from Sloan's Magical Merchantile Emporium..... Sooooooo.... The Gathering is Officially open.... Good Times!!!!!..... e

Blah dee tay in the house

Last edited:
A rain delay on the Tradewater Forge Outpost/smithy/party barn has unfortunately cost us the gathering. The crew needs to finish up this week so we will be working through the weekend.

P1040092.jpg

P1040092.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
P1040092.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

So have fun guys. Will miss seeing one or two of you all ;). The worst part is no Mrs. Trade's fried pies.

I had some of these Barlow Beer Mugs hammered out to give away, I'll find a way to do it anyway.

P1040096_2.jpg

Last edited:
sitting here in casa del Becker eating home-cured bacon and drinking coffee waiting for the faithful to arrive.

I'll be seeing yas late tonight. Here is but one of the side dishes I am bringing for tomorrow night...

Attachments

• IMG_20170913_224018-02.jpeg
    IMG_20170913_224018-02.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 7
We're packing right now. Should be on the road by noon. Should be there Friday afternoon.

Back