Becker Fall Gathering chat thread

P1040139_3.jpg

what sound?
I didn't hear anything?
After he extends the arm slowly, the thumb pops up at astonishing speed, causing a sonic boom...

Here are my photos from Ethan's shop

First me with my grail knife the Cincinnati chrome platted machax.

IMG_4226.JPG

Found one of those oddly thin divtuls with the black powder coated for the FBI. Ethan's is the only other one I've seen.

IMG_4228.JPG IMG_4229.JPG

So many prototypes and blanks.

IMG_4230.JPG IMG_4231.JPG

The tweener prototypes are amazing.

IMG_4232.JPG

Some brutes and machax

IMG_4233.JPG

The machax second from the left is a black phosphate cincin with what looks like silver sharpie drawing out the differences in the cincin vs the kabar version.

IMG_4234.JPG

Lastly a whole shelf of machax prototypes and early versions.

IMG_4235.JPG

I wish I took more photos, but being in Ethan's shop is the definition of kid in a candy store. Every time I go in I'm too overwhelmed to remember to take photos.

Here are my photos from Ethan's shop

First me with my grail knife the Cincinnati chrome platted machax.

View attachment 770221

Found one of those oddly thin divtuls with the black powder coated for the FBI. Ethan's is the only other one I've seen.

View attachment 770222 View attachment 770223

So many prototypes and blanks.

View attachment 770224 View attachment 770225

The tweener prototypes are amazing.

View attachment 770226

Some brutes and machax

View attachment 770227

The machax second from the left is a black phosphate cincin with what looks like silver sharpie drawing out the differences in the cincin vs the kabar version.

View attachment 770228

Lastly a whole shelf of machax prototypes and early versions.

View attachment 770230

I wish I took more photos, but being in Ethan's shop is the definition of kid in a candy store. Every time I go in I'm too overwhelmed to remember to take photos.
I'm glad you remembered this time kj ;). It is hard to remember to take photos :thumbsup:

Thanks for the photos. Some cool blades there. Also, you're way younger than I thought you were, haha.

UDXhccp.jpg

FjEwWSG.jpg

As per usual, a wonderful time was had at Half Moon Ridge.

Ethan, as always, is the very definition of a generous host. Opening his home to all of us hooligans has been the absolute epitome of kindness, and no amount of thanks can ever truly express my gratitude. To do this once is incredible, but to have us back, time after time after time over the last seven years, and even further, to show not just me but whatever random guest I bring along, my child, my significant other, or my brothers, has eternally granted Ethan my loyalty and friendship.

To everyone else, all the family, friends, and acquaintances that show up, thank you. We have had many years worth of amazing adventures, met many incredible people, and each and every person that stirs the eggs or throws another log on the fire is to be thanked for making this wonderful adventure possible.

It was great seeing old friends, making new ones, and all the things I have learned from all of you.

Thank you, everyone. My family and I had an amazing time.

Nice pics, Derek. Glad you all took enough to make up for my lack of picture taking.

I especially like the timing on that tannerite charge.

Hahahahahahaha I forgot how much I loved Arks avater.

Back