Becker Fall Gathering chat thread

Looks like I missed (yet again) a great gathering. This time I have a really good reason though... my wife is 34 weeks pregnant with a... BOY. Yes ladies and gents, the Ark gene lives on.

Biscuit, yes, yes I live. I'm typically always checking the Facebook group made by Julio.
Dubz, I've been good! Kickin' names and takin' ass... err wait.
E, I most definitely miss the renown Becker hospitality, I hope to be able to bring the entire Ark family by sometime!

Looks like I missed (yet again) a great gathering. This time I have a really good reason though... my wife is 34 weeks pregnant with a... BOY. Yes ladies and gents, the Ark gene lives on.

Biscuit, yes, yes I live. I'm typically always checking the Facebook group made by Julio.
Dubz, I've been good! Kickin' names and takin' ass... err wait.
E, I most definitely miss the renown Becker hospitality, I hope to be able to bring the entire Ark family by sometime!
Awesome to see you back around here man. This place would certainly be better off with your presence. Well, somewhat better anywhos...:D

Congrats on the boy!

I really cannot express how happy I am at how well the Gathering went and how much fun I had..... Thank you all for coming ....

WOW.... Where to start....Well...... A huge thanks to Dogwood Dan Eastland for his usurping of the Chef's duties...... He brought an Eighty-five pound pig and did absolutely marvelous things with it...... I will remember the texture and flavor of the skin for a long time.... and he donated Dogwood knives for the Saturday night swagfest....... David Andersen of Nordsmith and the Truth About Knives added knives to the pot and deserves our thanks..... we all dodged a few copper bullets (or fangs).... I displayed both crummy target analysis and unfortunate marksmanship.....If you run out of rat shot quit aiming for the rapidly moving head....Center mass, center mass, center mass...... Every Gathering has a different flavor and although Gutsy and a few others had big plans for more axe stuff it all went by the wayside and we had to settle for a lovely time taken up with impromptu knife testing, whittling and great good fellowship.....Vik and Jordan cooked and ramrodded the traditional Beckerhead great big greasy breakfasts..... Jordan is a handy guy to have around and Vik is the best......Jordan knows his way around a Dutch oven...

It was great to have Bladite back on the hill.... He is in many respects the original Beckerhead even before Moose invented the term and the group... It was good to have the Moose and his clan back too....

Todd Hunt and Rick Bain of TM Hunt knives shared a bunch of knowledge as they always do.......Todd is a most generous man and a really good knife maker too.....

Some good new people, Joe Snarski of LMF among them and young Jesse who is gonna be something and soon..... Clay Alders(thetruthaboutknives.com) brought a throwing target and prowled about... btw Dogwood Dan managed to get a two wheel drive pickup stuck by burying the UNDRIVEN wheels.... Quite an accomplishment.......

I will be adding to this on the morrow but, I gotta go get horizontal..... I was up at the crack of doom this morn for a test and I am beat..... e

I just had a look see at the pix again and I realized that I was looking at "family" pix...... I guess I really have started to think of the Gatherings as family reunions.....This one was of a perfect size ..... Many more and it would have been ungainly......

I truly wish the Trades and NCSlice had made it and I missed the Dugger's, The Colonel and Psyop among others too numerous for an old and tired memory to remember...... Next time!!!!!!.......

THANK YOU ALL....
E

More pictures !!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!.........

Thanks E. I wish we could have made it, especially for all the reptiles that tend to hide when we are at your place. We had a great time @SMKW and thanks for the food:D See you soon...

Back