Becker Free Fallin’ Snarkin’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far out! :D
DEnjwmc.jpg

that's rather good!

Slow motion. Been a long week for me. Glad it's about over. Having a hard time getting a good night's sleep. Keep waking up through out the night. One more week of work, and off for a much needed vacation.

Governor called it a day at noon due to the ice storm that was heading our way.
got home around 2:15, power came back up around 4:45, realized the propane wasn't flowing around 6:30 -- when I was trying to cook dinner.
Dinner was important - the fact that also meant I had no furnace wasn't too worrisome.....
got that fixed and finished my skillet fry-up.
taters, onion, 3 kinds of meat..........

I remember the ice storm of 77. My dad was a lineman, and he was gone for days at a time. We were out of electricity for over a week. Mom cooked on a Coleman stove, and we had kerosene heaters running. Sucked for many, but as kids, we thought it was awesome, haha.

Just scored these at the antique store. Mountain man statue. Not actually bronze, but still cool:

Camera focused behind the statue, but gives you a better idea:

Horn:

Eight bucks for the statue, fifteen for the horn.

Great Score Dubz
Thanks man. I found the place that makes the statue. Not vintage, but I don't care. They sell for $50 new, so $8 wasn't a bad deal. I could tell the gun was missing. Hard to tell from the photo, but he's bending over slightly, and is supposed to be leaning on a rifle. It's not broken in any way, I guess it just fit in. I'm going to find a stick to put in there, make it look like he's leaning on a staff.

Also, that horn is a few feet long. Hard to tell in the photo.

Cool find Dubz!

Cold spell settling in. Too cold to go fishing. Or snowshoeing. Or shopping. Or take out the garbage. Currently hunkering down in my basement trying not to think about going to work tomorrow. Hopefully no rooftops this week...

(Those are in °C in case you’re wondering. Except for the lows on tues and wed. At those temps, C and F are the damn same.)

Cool find Dubz!

Cold spell settling in. Too cold to go fishing. Or snowshoeing. Or shopping. Or take out the garbage. Currently hunkering down in my basement trying not to think about going to work tomorrow. Hopefully no rooftops this week...

(Those are in °C in case you’re wondering. Except for the lows on tues and wed. At those temps, C and F are the damn same.)

Wow! I was happy to see some frost on roofs this morning because it hasn't seemed much like winter, but I definitely prefer having to run our air conditioning this upcoming week over those temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back