Becker Free Fallin’ Snarkin’

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like the old hunter from the movie "Jeremiah Johnson", Bear Claw was the character's name. (I had to look it up. :))
So does this guy...
ubPCQ61.jpg

Sounds pretty sweet. Got plans?
Yeah, Sunday is our anniversary, and we're going to go to the cabin. Weather is crappy, however, so we're going to wait for a few days until we go. We have freezing rain right now, and the temps are going to drop. No sense in going when the high is 20°, and the lows in the single digits. Starting Wednesday, the highs will be in the 40's, and lows around 28. May as well wait.

Yeah, Sunday is our anniversary, and we're going to go to the cabin. Weather is crappy, however, so we're going to wait for a few days until we go. We have freezing rain right now, and the temps are going to drop. No sense in going when the high is 20°, and the lows in the single digits. Starting Wednesday, the highs will be in the 40's, and lows around 28. May as well wait.
Happy Anniversary! Good idea to wait that weather out . Hope it warms up soon so you can get up there safely.

Happy Anniversary! Good idea to wait that weather out . Hope it warms up soon so you can get up there safely.
Thanks man, appreciate it. We're waiting, fo sho. 7° here right now. Later it'll be warmer, but there are chances of rain as well. That doesn't bother me at all, except it's less of a chance to use the blades.

good luck with the trip -- we're up to 12f and our forecast calls for weather to roll in after midnight Wednesday morning and continue into Friday. :(
Only 9° here still. Supposed to hit 15° for a high. Extended down there are highs in the upper 30's to lower 40's, just above freezing at night. Supposed to rain a little Thurs and Fri.

Thinking of building a small shed for a smoke shack. Not to smoke meat, but to go in when it's cold and have a smoke, and a drink. Just enough room for a few chairs, a table, lamp, and heater. Some sort of ventilation system.

that'd be pretty easy to make: 7 4x4's, 12 treated 2x6x8' for purlins and girts, and some 8' long barn steel.
an 8' 2x12 to make a pair of 4' benches on the sides and you'd have a nice cozy 7x7 lean-to to set next to the cabin under the eaves on one side.
some quick crete to make piers to anchor it to.
I'd be willing to meet you out there some weekend to build it.

that'd be pretty easy to make: 7 4x4's, 12 treated 2x6x8' for purlins and girts, and some 8' long barn steel.
an 8' 2x12 to make a pair of 4' benches on the sides and you'd have a nice cozy 7x7 lean-to to set next to the cabin under the eaves on one side.
some quick crete to make piers to anchor it to.
I'd be willing to meet you out there some weekend to build it.
I'm talking about for home, haha. I was talking to my brother about it. Was trying to figure out the cheapest way to do it. We were both thinking about making it out of palettes. We both have access to them. Also, something may show up on Craigslist locally. Really not the right time of year, but, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back