Becker question?

Yea the bk2 just gives off such a good feeling. I am going to daily carry my 16 i should be able to get used to it.
A kydex sheath makes the 16 prefect for edc.

TIZQY0E.jpg
MmMxmwe.jpg

Backpacking? I'd probably go with a 16 due to the weight and you can also use it for woodcraft and etc.

So far I only have the BK4 from a very generous GAW. But as you can see, it's an amazing whittler. :D

358tj69.jpg

The 16 will do everything you want without weighing down your pack too much. The 2 is just ridiculously heavy for the task imo.

Dont get the rsk mk2. a bk1(567) or bk2 is a good option for a camp hike knife

16's a great choice, Herb. I personally like the 12, but then again, I'm not really a "go light" sort of guy. So usually there'll be a couple blades hanging off the pack and my person. The 4 is a great "woods bumming" blade, and for the money ATM it's a hands down winner, IMO. Not really heavy for its size and quite versatile. It would go well with your inbound 16, and it'll be easy on your wallet (although buying just ONE Becker has a tendency to be very hard on the wallet....as you may (or may not) discover. I also find the 11 & 14/24 to be pretty much all-round handy, and always easily accessible. Anyway, I could go on, but....no. Welcome to our little digital house of 1095CV. Enjoy whatever you get.....and be sure to post pictures. Don't be surprised or say "but, but....they never warned me!" when something like this happens:

16941126335_445f6ac12a_b.jpg

oh, those are my loaners, i need those back :D

Hey GSOM, what are you doing with your Warrior-ized chax in the photo? You have it all taped up.....

Hey GSOM, what are you doing with your Warrior-ized chax in the photo? You have it all taped up.....

Well....I was doing some drawing at the time. Drawing is done, but reassembled the scales so I could use it while I decide best how (or if) to proceed:

16119328289_2352633086_b.jpg

No news yet, I'm afraid. And the 5 was also getting put through the idea factory - but now that I have a wonderful sheath from the 710 for it I may just leave it alone. Prolly should just get another for stock and use, then go nutz on the one I have.

BK16 for the tasks you mentioned.

If you want to "muscle up" some, go with the BK10. Its a bushcrafter on steroids.

Moose(maybe)

Back