Becker question?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by herb ninja, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Jbergun

Jbergun

Oct 21, 2015

Yea the bk2 just gives off such a good feeling. I am going to daily carry my 16 i should be able to get used to it.

2. Bobby3326

Bobby3326

Mar 16, 2013
    A kydex sheath makes the 16 prefect for edc.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Steve6387

Steve6387

Jul 1, 2013
    Backpacking? I'd probably go with a 16 due to the weight and you can also use it for woodcraft and etc.

4. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    So far I only have the BK4 from a very generous GAW. But as you can see, it's an amazing whittler. :D

[​IMG]

5. Fireform

Fireform

Apr 1, 2005
    The 16 will do everything you want without weighing down your pack too much. The 2 is just ridiculously heavy for the task imo.

6. herb ninja

herb ninja

Oct 28, 2015
    Looks like I'm getting a bk16 I will get a bk2 when I get more money.

7. REVDH

REVDH

Apr 27, 2015
    Dont get the rsk mk2. a bk1(567) or bk2 is a good option for a camp hike knife

8. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    16's a great choice, Herb. I personally like the 12, but then again, I'm not really a "go light" sort of guy. So usually there'll be a couple blades hanging off the pack and my person. The 4 is a great "woods bumming" blade, and for the money ATM it's a hands down winner, IMO. Not really heavy for its size and quite versatile. It would go well with your inbound 16, and it'll be easy on your wallet (although buying just ONE Becker has a tendency to be very hard on the wallet....as you may (or may not) discover. I also find the 11 & 14/24 to be pretty much all-round handy, and always easily accessible. Anyway, I could go on, but....no. Welcome to our little digital house of 1095CV. Enjoy whatever you get.....and be sure to post pictures. Don't be surprised or say "but, but....they never warned me!" when something like this happens:

[​IMG]

9. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    oh, those are my loaners, i need those back :D

10. JWL

JWL

Jul 20, 2010
    Hey GSOM, what are you doing with your Warrior-ized chax in the photo? You have it all taped up.....

11. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    Well....I was doing some drawing at the time. Drawing is done, but reassembled the scales so I could use it while I decide best how (or if) to proceed:

[​IMG]

No news yet, I'm afraid. And the 5 was also getting put through the idea factory - but now that I have a wonderful sheath from the 710 for it I may just leave it alone. Prolly should just get another for stock and use, then go nutz on the one I have.

12. U2Blades

U2Blades

Oct 10, 2013
    I recommend starting with a BK7 and everything else will fall into place.

13. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    BK16 for the tasks you mentioned.

If you want to "muscle up" some, go with the BK10. Its a bushcrafter on steroids.

Moose(maybe)

14. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    The Uzbekistani scammer posing as Moose is correct.

15. jbass

jbass

Dec 26, 2009
    My recommendation as well.