*Cancelled* Becker Rendezvous 2020

I would love to come. Mostly for the food and good people but also partly because my name is a Darby. :) That would be pretty cool.

Unfortunately Ethan moved to Montana after I left Colorado. It is 37 hours each way from New England and I don’t like driving that much.

Have fun everybody!!!!

Im going to check dates. Living in Spokane and my takes me across, WA, ID and MT this is almost next door.

SWMBO got her vacation approved. Now I just need to figure out what day we're leaving home. Will need to head back pretty early on Sunday, though. :(

Its about a week too early for me, otherwise Id try to make it. Its only across two states for me.

Where in MT does Ethan reside?

Thanks!

Man I would love to get back to Montana ... and meet Ethan and some of the members here! I'll have to wait before I can commit for sure though ... I am going to try to rearrange some things and free up a few days for this. I'll post back when I know for sure.

well I can't swing this Spring get together ... thought maybe I could clear a few days just not the right time to get so far from home ... but I look forward to lots of pictures!

I myself will be there! Flying into Missoula late Thursday and back out on Monday. Hope to see some of you west coasters there that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet!

[QUOTE="DavidCAndersen,Hope to see some of you west coasters there that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet![/QUOTE]
Don't fall for all the hype, I mean, sure we all have movie star looks and are card carrying members of mensa, but other than than that, just normal folks.

All right everybody...
We’re at the 2 month countdown!
I’ve been slacking on our signup roster... I’ve since updated the original post with the names of those committed to travel to this amazing shindig in Montana.
Ethan threw out some pretty amazing names of possible attendees last I spoke to him. Their names are not on the list due to Trademark and copyright law. Although I’m sure if Ethan chimes in on this thread he can either confirm or deny if the rumors are true.
I’m really looking forward to this. I’ve always wanted to visit Montana, and what better way to do it than with good friends and fellow knife enthusiasts!
I’ll see you all in Big Sky country!

Wish I could attend.
Timing and distance working against it victoriously.

I'm seriously hoping there are no travel restrictions come May.

Looks like the wife and I will definitely be driving up, arriving late Thursday.

The only thing special I'm gonna be bringing is the quesadilla grill (ask Johnny about that)

Just saw that Montana has a 2 week self quarantine period for out of state visitors.
Is that going to cause a problem for the rondy?

CDC is now recommending everyone wear a (non-medical) mask when out in public. This isn't going to be over in a month...
NYTimes is assembling daily updates from all the states into an excellent summary, outside the paywall:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Montana looks ok at the moment, mainly because nobody lives there and there's so much space between 'em. But a "gathering" by definition, importing people from elsewhere... color me concerned, my friends.

Back