Beckerhead check-in thread

Eh it's not too bad. Life has been good to me. I don't spend as much time here because I don't get any real dirt time anymore, and alot of the stuff is stuff we have all gone over time and time again so kinda hard to really get back in the saddle. Every time I try I end up getting shanghai'd by something else as well. I am just a message away and also available on the Facebook group if anyone is ever wanting to reach me.

#259 here..it has been a minute since I have been on BF. I definitely miss it. Still loving the heck out of all my Beckers!

#762...alive and kickin'

Ran into ZZ this past Saturday at the Bell County (Texas, of course) Master Gardener semi-annual plant sale and he noted that I've been missing as of late. My wife is a Master Gardener and got horn-swaggled into being the membership chair for the county chapter... We were there as vendors selling honey, soaps, beeswax candles, hand-loomed scarves, and similar stuff. Our bees make the honey (of course), but I do most of the harvesting and bottling. My wife makes all the other stuff when she's not tending to the livestock.

Been busy...have 8 bee hives now, 30-ish laying hens and a rooster, 12 purebred Nubian dairy goats... Still working my day job (and just promoted to GS14 supervisory electronics engineering position...the headaches of management). Still the president of the congregation at church (600-ish members with a $1M budget), selling guns when I have the time...and just started welding classes at a nearby Community College. I need to get my head examined if I add one more thing to the list. The welding classes are self-paced, part book work and part lab. There is a welding "professor" on duty 8 am - 10 pm Monday-Thursday, so I can drop by and get my hands-on stuff done after work. In the first class right now, so it's mostly safety, basic welding theory, use of tools, and metallurgy. Next class is oxi-fuel cutting, brazing and welding, so looking forward to that!

Soo, if I'm not around much, you'll have to cut me some slack!

I always liked oxy/acetylene......
thanks for the reminder that I'm low on honey and need to try and track down my favorite local beekeepers since they quit showing up at the local farmer' market.

#318 here. I am still here and lurk regularly but just haven't been really posting as I was busy getting married and thus, buying no new knives while planning the wedding.

Back