Beckerhead firearms

I'm really wanting an AR. I'm just trying to decide if its worth building one myself, or just buying a S&W M&P 15 sport

If the M&P is in the configuration you want, then just buy that. AR market is saturated and the prices don't make building any cheaper. If you want to do it for pride of ownership or you want something you can't get off the rack then building would be the way to go.

i always like to say "buy a complete now", then see what you like/don't like after you use it a bit

course, you can also change calibers so pick something cheap fun now :D

i don't like the type with the big A foresight and the "grab rail"...

if you can buy something without a buffer tube, and go folding, yee hah, leaning away from "real ARs"

hell, why AR? go exotic :D

well, duh :D

No you didn't.

i always like to say "buy a complete now", then see what you like/don't like after you use it a bit

if you can buy something without a buffer tube, and go folding, yee hah, leaning away from "real ARs"

Sound advice.

No you didn't.
Sound advice.

derp derp derp

my advise boils down to "buy now, shoot later" or "when was the last time you finished a project?" :D

in other news, i "just noticed" officially anyway, there's a .308 Blackout conversion kit for the Tavor SAR. noice. noice. noice.

The M&P Sport is a good option, great price-point. I don't like the iron sight on AR's either. Folding sights are definitely my preference, as well as a Red Dot or 1-4x glass. I sold all of my ARs when the prices skyrocketed and just now got in the mood for one, again. I don't like sloppy barrels, though, so I'd guess the infatuation will fade again quickly, when I have a Weatherby .223 bolt action that will punch dimes at 100 yards.

Bladite is right, though. Projects often get tossed to the side. This one has for 2 months. Had I bought an M&P Sport, I'd have been out on the range many times with it already.

I can't believe I missed this thread.

My current carry rotation.

CZ75 P-02 Omega and SP-01. Love me some cocked and locked CZ goodness.

Springfield EMP 9mm

Sphinx SDP Compact - The Rolls Royce of CZ Clones

CZ-75 is a great platform (in 9mm). It's the most comfortable handgun I've ever owned.

Those two are beauties, for sure.

I personally like the A2-style front site base but a flat top upper. Pretty much same as the current M4.

derp derp derp

my advise boils down to "buy now, shoot later" or "when was the last time you finished a project?" :D

in other news, i "just noticed" officially anyway, there's a .308 Blackout conversion kit for the Tavor SAR. noice. noice. noice.

".308 Blackout"? Is this something new, or did you mean 300 AAC Blackout (aka 300BLK, aaka 7.62X35)?

Here is my Ruger AR-556 with some add ons. Magpul MOE SL furniture. Aimpoint P.R.O. red dot scope. I am sure I will change/add things in the future. Next is a weapon light and sling setup. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.

25669035730_cfebcc2a83_c.jpg

25969611165_2672aa0328_c.jpg

25336886084_86e0f11da8_c.jpg

Jeremy

I think I'm going to buy whole to start with, now to decide if I want an M&P or the new ruger...

the one thin I have decided is that I would like to throw an MOE forend on the front and a mission first tactical minimalist stock on the back

I really like my Ruger. But the M+P is a nice option too.

I might build an AR pistol next winter.

Jeremy

Palmetto State Armory just sent me an email, Complete blem uppers for $290 with BCG and charging handle and blem lower halves with magpul furniture for $190. All you would need is a rear sight and mags. They also have steel mags for $8.

Here is my Ruger AR-556 with some add ons. Magpul MOE SL furniture. Aimpoint P.R.O. red dot scope. I am sure I will change/add things in the future. Next is a weapon light and sling setup. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.

Jeremy

Nice setup!

For a rifle, I like the Streamlight TLR-1 HPL (438m beam distance is spec) or the TLR-1 Game Spotter (green LED cuts range to about 350m). Either one lights things up farther than my 50+ year old eyes can focus at night... I especially like the green light with a red illuminated scope (or red dot) for pig hunting at night.

Palmetto State Armory just sent me an email, Complete blem uppers for $290 with BCG and charging handle and blem lower halves with magpul furniture for $190. All you would need is a rear sight and mags. They also have steel mags for $8.

Great deal. Too bad you are in a neutered state.

that's really tempting....

if I by whole I'm either going with the M&P sport 2 or the Ruger 556, just not sure if there's an advantage to either one

So that SKS I bought, I wanted an original stock for it. Found a complete stock from Sarco so I ordered it last week. It still hasn't left their warehouse!!:mad: How long does it really take to grab one item off the shelf and box it up? Gonna ask about cancelling the order and get one from somewhere else.

Back