1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beckerhead firearms

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Norse_Nightcrawler, May 7, 2014.

1. JD Miller

JD Miller

Jun 30, 2015
    Thanks, He got a prize 1 in his NADKC Solms field test

2. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Thats fantastic congrats. Ya gotta love German field trials.

3. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2009
    Was thinking about picking up a 10/22 and modding it up for S & G. If anyone has done this, what's your take on triggers, barrels, and stocks. I don't want to make it look "tactical" i.e. no AR type, bull pup, or plastic stuff. I'd really like to try a thumb hole type, but if you know they don't work well, speak up. I'll probably end up putting a scope on it, but it might be nice to try some receiver sights.

But any ideas welcome.

Thanks for the input,

Doc

4. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Doc I can tell ya that I tried the Hogue Overmolded stock on mine. Really well made stock, free floats the barrel and is comfortable. That being said it just wasn't for me. The rubberized stock just wanted to grab all of my clothing got hung up in the pocket on quick shouldering shots on rabbits and squirrels.

5. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2009
    Thanks for letting me know. I suspected it might be that way, but you have confirmed that suspicion. It is supposed to be a great stock, well built, and it does have quite a following.

Thank you,
    Doc

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  6. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Exactly this. It's very "grabby", lint, dog hair and whatnot.

Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  7. cEdge

cEdge

Apr 14, 2011
    Finally took the time to make a holster for the M&P Shield 9mm I picked up from PSA. Got overzealous and forgot to attach the front mounting "strap". Lucked out and was able to work it out. Now it is completely tuckable. Time will tell if it holds up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Xr6x, acerpower, tanglediver and 2 others like this.
  8. spikebot587

spikebot587

Feb 8, 2013
    Ok so I finally decided it's about time to build something on the strip lower i bought a few months ago. I'm for sure decided on a pistol but that's as far as I've got. I was think one in 300. Would be nice. From what I've read it seems to stabilize quicker than 556 with makes it more practical out of shorter rifles. Although the other day I was looking around the palmetto state site and noticed they had a pistol upper in 45 apc. If I could find a way to feed it using flock mags that would also be a really tempting option just as a range you. Decisions decisions...

9. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    been to lazy to even try and post a picture let alone find another server to host them...

I have a near mint 1902 gallery gun with octagon barrel i think some of you may find interesting eye candy...

of course all the usual carry arms and AK's and the likes...

10. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Oh? Do show. Please. :D

11. acerpower

acerpower

Apr 27, 2013
    I just noticed all my pictures are gone.
    Well Photobucket, it's been a long run but it's time to part ways.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Xr6x, James w and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  12. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Yo acer just a heads up. When you use flickr you have to delete/edit part of the url. Your name shows up at the bottom of every picture.

acerpower likes this.
  13. acerpower

acerpower

Apr 27, 2013
    Thanks, I didn't notice that.

14. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    I haven't figured out away around it yet. I delete it before I post. If not then I have to post the picture and then use the edit option on the forum.

acerpower likes this.
  15. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Charlie Zulu Seven Five Sierra Papa Zero One
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I detect an incoming range day.

Xr6x, cEdge, Kentwood33 and 2 others like this.
  16. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    What a fantastic design. Love the CZ platform.

tanglediver likes this.
  17. cEdge

cEdge

Apr 14, 2011
    I have a CZ P-01, I cannot say enough good things about it. Its a bit bulky for edc but I still carry it although not as much since I picked up the M&P Shield. The Shield is not comfortable to shoot but it carries well. The P-01, however, is near perfect. The Shield is for defensive carry only.

Enjoy your SP-01!

tanglediver likes this.
  18. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    heard the other day i was the second drawing for the Knife Rights bit prize list...

so, i have a rather nice Sig MCX 300 BLK waiting for me. with toys (six to nine months if you know what i mean)...

thanks Knife Rights!

LG&M, tanglediver, acerpower and 2 others like this.
  19. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    congrats!

20. acerpower

acerpower

Apr 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

MeanBeaver, Pàdruig and Xr6x like this.