Beckerhead firearms

Yup. Small Game Carbine is the model name. Octagonal barrel, Skinner peep sights, and wide loop.

Nice.

I've got one of their just plain, round barrel .22s and LOVE to shoot it. Especially the .22 shorts. Makes a nice quite pop and still can knock over cans nicely.

Nice.

I've got one of their just plain, round barrel .22s and LOVE to shoot it. Especially the .22 shorts. Makes a nice quite pop and still can knock over cans nicely.

Yeah it's a blast to shoot. Probably gonna pick up some short rounds to plink with soon. Took a minute to get used to the sight but after that it's super accurate.

60 year old springs out Wolff and Surecycle in. Browning Auto-5 Light Twelve
Is that one of the WW2 models made by Remington (for Browning)?
Are you gonna change out the old 1 piece lifter to the newer 2 piece?

Is that one of the WW2 models made by Remington (for Browning)?
Are you gonna change out the old 1 piece lifter to the newer 2 piece?
No this is a 1958 Belgium Light Twelve the 2 piece lifter is in it. Built like a tank. I wanted to use my Auto-5 this bird season instead of my Benelli M1. Comp!ete strip and sonic clean. Check for wear and replaced all necessary parts and springs.

I picked up a ca1950's Remington 722 in .257Bob, outfitted with a Weaver K4, about 3 years ago.
I'd taken it to the range a couple times, but couldn't get anything near the bull.
1 month ago, set it up at 100 yds with an In-Sight precision rifle sighting target to see which factory load seems to work. Only 21 of 25 shots were on paper, and none were anywhere near the appropriate point of aim. Was looking into rebarrel, re-scope, replace?
Instead, I picked up a Group Therapy Rest for under $50, built and leveled it at home, and set up a little target 25yds away in the backyard to boresight.
Moved the scope down about 4.5" in elevation in right about 1.5" windage.
THEN I cleaned the bore.
So much foulding I couldn't get a wire brush, or barbed jag with a patch, down it.
Started with the Hoppe's #9 standby on a loop jag.
Then used .243 jag, mop, and brush with gobs of Sweet's 7.62. Copper for days!
Finished cleaning and parked it.

In time, I took it back to the range, at 25 yds. Wind was intermittent, but occasionally strong enough to wiggle the whole target stand.
1st shot was 1.5" high and 1.5 left", off the grid but on the paper, so dialed in a few more clicks.
Next was dead-center in windage, but 1.75" low. So dialed it back up.
3rd was dead-center in elevation, and about 1/4" right.
Happy with that, kept going!.

Set it up at 100 yds, accounted for hitting 2 2/3" high for MPBR of 281 yds, zeroed at 25 and 240 yds.
3 shots within 1/2" up & down and 1" side to side! With Hornady factory hunting ammo much stronger than was available when this thing came out. With a probably 70 year old gun and non-adjustable 4x scope.
I really don't think I can ask for more than that!

Follow-up.
They say pics or it didn't happen.

The three at the top of the diamond are at 100 yds.

yizop1L.jpg

The new kid in town is the CZ 75b Compact PCR in 9mm in the upper right corner.
Clockwise from top dead center: sporting the walnut grip scales the 97b in .45 cal., then the PCR in 9mm, the 75b Compact in 9mm, then a P-01 9mm, an SP-01 in 9mm, and the 75b in 9mm.
6sR0rgP.jpg

Clockwise from top dead center: sporting the walnut grip scales the 97b in .45 cal., then the PCR in 9mm, the 75b Compact in 9mm, then a P-01 9mm, an SP-01 in 9mm, and the 75b in 9mm.
6sR0rgP.jpg
My collection of HK's looks about like that, Like I was saying in the other thread, I picked up a CZ p09 for a super good deal. I see why people like them, I've already got plans for a CZ p07.

6sR0rgP.jpg

what's your opinion of the 97? and what's the capacity?
I like the looks and the idea of it - and have been looking at the EAA version.

It's a handful in size, being a semi-double stack, holds 10 plus one, and it's heavy. But it is reliable and eats everything I feed it and brass gets thrown at least 10 yards. I'm always hitting someone with brass! Might just need a lighter (or heavier?) spring, not sure. That was my first.

It's a handful in size, being a semi-double stack, holds 10 plus one, and it's heavy. But it is reliable and eats everything I feed it and brass gets thrown at least 10 yards. I'm always hitting someone with brass! Might just need a lighter spring, not sure. That was my first.
Actually tangle that is the function of the ejector. But if the slide is coming back to fast it can give that symptom also. Which means you might actually need a heavier spring. Or its just the nature of your pistol.

Back