Beckerhead Haul Thread

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Mods, I hope this is ok.

Fellas, the intention of this thread is to have a place to share your recent acquisitions here with your brothers.

Pick up something cool that someone else may like? Show it! Please say a few words on what you like about it and even what you may dislike about it.

Becker content is a must. If it’s not Becker related, make sure you tie it into BK&T somehow.

Also, remember, pics or it didn’t happen! :D

Here’s some of my recent blade acquisitions...

CP6chkp.jpg

Top to bottom (w/ my thoughts);

Benchmade Mini Griptilian - cool little folder.

Kershaw FreeFall - I love how this opens!

Ka-Bar Mark 98 - ok, I wish it had something similar to the Kershaw SpeedSafe Assisted Open. Also made in China, meh.

Lion Steel M4 - a very solid Italian knife with a very nice sheath. Also, it’s M390.

Trusty old BK16 - to show scale. The blade I want for when the poop hits the fan. :thumbsup:

20180805_133436.jpg
found this Cammy Tactool on fleabay. nice condition, price was right and wife was out of town visiting her sister so I'm still #1 in her book!
Note to all: not that I buy all my goodies when my lovely wife is out town. However, i do routinely return to a house full of new women's shoes when i return from business trips. just sayin.....

turbosquirrel turbosquirrel , I think several of us can relate. Lol

What are your thoughts on the 3?
I'm not sure. the price was right, so I bought it. My first 3.

I can't stab with it....not that I do much stabbing since vampires and zombies are pretty much non existent where I live. the cutting portion of the blade is too short to actually "cut stuff" as all my folders have me covered there for short blades. The saw tooth portion is well.....saw toothy.....and I've got plenty better instruments to saw with. Not really sure what it was intended to do. seems to be a jack of all trades but master of none.

Perhaps I need to start modding it?

But, it fills my niche for BK&T knives. so I am happy.:D

Hey Turbo....

The Three or Tactul was designed as an after the front door has been treated to a dose of the ram it will fill the bill for interior doors and safety glass and etc. Many of the SWAT guys who have used it swear by it.....
Thank you Ethan. I'm sure I'll find a way to use the 3 and get to use her hard.

On your new adventure....God bless you and yours and take time to pause and reflect through it all. And never forget that though change is difficult, it is always an adventure! Enjoy your adventure! We all look forward to hearing from you once you get settled in. Peace.

I just got home from spending the day at the New York Renaissance Faire in Tuxedo, New York. It was fun!

My father in law and I each bought a knife from Red Dog Forge out of Texas...

3VzkBdK.jpg

Both are 1095 steel. Mine is on the top with the cocobolo scales; his is beneath with the teak scales.

I have to make sheaths for them.

Last edited:
I found this Tactul in its Eagle sheath at a gun show several years ago. The original scales were too small for the handle, like they shrank over time. This is a pic of the knife as I bought it.

BK3.jpg

Here's a pic of it naked.
DSC02713-Copy.jpg

I made a new set of micarta scales for it. I haven't really used it yet, some suggested that I put it in a safe. I don't think that's what it was built for.
divtul2.jpg

The Tactul with my Campanion after removing the gray paint and adding the factory micarta scales and my BK-7 with black micarta scales I made. The 7 gets a llot of use, the finish is much more worn now and the scales are blacker.

DSC04412_zps2d15d70a.jpg

I just got home from spending the day at the New York Renaissance Faire in Tuxedo, New York. It was fun!

My father in law and I each bought a knife from Red Dog Forge out of Texas...

3VzkBdK.jpg

Both are 1095 steel. Mine is on the top with the cocobolo scales; his is beneath with the teak scales.

I have to make sheaths for them.
Just came off the Appalachian Trail right by you today. Drove past it after the girls picked us up at Elk Pen. Traffic was crazy getting over the GW. I hate that bridge!!!! Nice Knives:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you, sir. The GWB and the Cross Bronx are always awful. Best to avoid them if you can; I usually can’t. Meh.

The tactooll is what brought me to Becker knives, it just looks so handy. I've yet to use it for anything! Yours looks nice. Love the new handles.

Back