Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

I picked up this already modified a bit Bk2 from bladesmith3 awhile back. I wanted something to play around with. This past weekend Lady Guinevere (My Lovely Wife who puts up with my obsession) went back to the Renaissance Fair. As usual I was Rocking my Beckerhead Tee:thumbsup:
One of the vendors had a box of leather things and I scored this sheath for 10 bucks. That inspired me to do some more modding on my 2.
Dropped the whole spine and handle by about 1/4 inch, reshaped the blade profile, put on a choil, Xr6x Xr6x doesnt like 90º spines so I right angled it lol, and finally I convexed the edge to 20º. Fits my new sheath quit nicely.

Great work Tanker! ;) And please don't let me buzz kill your liking of 90 Degree spines :)

Xr6x and I will have our own little crowned spine club, easily identifiable by our comfortable thumbs. :D

Been busy this morning. Neither of these are finished.

My second king, deramped and clipped...

iHzTsHN.jpg

gzfrRbv.jpg

Also, finished adding micarta scales to the kitchen knife blank my wife got me for Valentine’s Day...

eaBp67Z.jpg

fjVkLff.jpg

Nice, Tanker. I don’t have quality stuff like that. I had to get creative.

I ground it down on a Skil 3 x 18 handheld belt sander that I had rigged on its side on my work bench with a clamp keeping the power on. :D

Took my time and worked slow and methodical.

I ground it down on a Skil 3 x 18 handheld belt sander that I had rigged on its side on my work bench with a clamp keeping the power on. :D

That's exactly what I would have done:thumbsup: I Love doing things Jeff Foxworthy could use in his show:D And I do. My Long Island Wife doesn't get my Florida Swamp mentality some times:confused:
Great looking Mod Geof for sure

Lol I use that exact setup when working on my old axes and stuff. Awesome work on that niner.

Aaaaaalmost done:

IMG_20180919_225739-small.jpg

IMG_20180919_225752-small.jpg

It's like a BK-3, only for the kitchen.

Everybody else is killin' it, too - especially Geoff, with his ghetto grinder setup. Hardened 1095cv Ka-Bar steel is difficult enough to modify with decent tools, let alone with stock 3 x 18 belt offerings...

Nice work man.

Back