Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

I think it has turned out ok with these-here slim ironwood handles.
Maybe some better-lit outside pix tomorrow. On my belt at the moment, good EDC size!

IMG_20210202_183859-small.jpg

IMG_20210202_192002-small.jpg

Beautiful work.

Nice work man.

I started making sheaths again for the latest run of puukkot. I'm using a smooth cowhide about 2mm thick in black and medium brown. Both sheaths are traditional back sewn style.

Beautiful craftsmanship! :thumbsup:

On the subject of the Parangatang just found out it’s been discontinued. Here’s a pic of mine very lightly modded. Striped, smoothed up and sporting black plastic scales. :rolleyes:
6BCA1805-4BE4-46BA-AA73-32E7FA498BDF.jpeg
To bad it’s discontinued,the Parangatang is a hell of blade. :poop: That pretty much wipes out the Johnson line of blades.

Last edited:
On the subject of the Parangatang just found out it’s been discontinued. Here’s a pic of mine very lightly modded. Striped, smoothed up and sporting black plastic scales. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1509568
To bad it’s discontinued,the Parangatang is a hell of blade. :poop: That pretty much wipes out the Johnson line of blades.

I heard that as well, which is why I just bought this one before the prices skyrocket. I had one a few years ago and loved the blade shape and balance, but the stock handle just did not work for me. With these newly shaped scales, the parangatang feels amazing! I'm honestly shocked at how great it feels. I'll probably make a new thread on the Ka-bar forum when it's finished.

It really is too bad they discontinued the Parangatang. They should keep it in production but offer micarta scales with a different shape from the stock one. Moving the palm swell back so the finger hump is between the index and middle fingers, and flaring out towards the butt of the handle, completely change the feel of the knife, for the better IMO.

I heard that as well, which is why I just bought this one before the prices skyrocket. I had one a few years ago and loved the blade shape and balance, but the stock handle just did not work for me. With these newly shaped scales, the parangatang feels amazing! I'm honestly shocked at how great it feels. I'll probably make a new thread on the Ka-bar forum when it's finished.

It really is too bad they discontinued the Parangatang. They should keep it in production but offer micarta scales with a different shape from the stock one. Moving the palm swell back so the finger hump is between the index and middle fingers, and flaring out towards the butt of the handle, completely change the feel of the knife, for the better IMO.
I remember discussing that with you back than :) if the handle had the feel of the Potbelly and a flared end how much better if would be :thumbsup::thumbsup: You did a Great Job :thumbsup: and I bet it feels Great to. I was hoping Micarta would somehow happen and liners would be the answer to greatness . Congrats on getting another :thumbsup::thumbsup: and glad you were able to find one. Hey! Maybe KABAR will put a Becker handle on it now. Wouldn’t that be GREAT! :p:p:p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back