Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

Nothing revolutionary here, finally did a common mod on my BK11 and opened up the handle for my top finger. It makes quite the difference. This was one of those blunt tip Camillus 11s that appeared in bulk about two years ago. I took care of the tip issue too.
EhKZLnw.jpg

Looks good man. I did that on my Remora. Makes a big difference.

Nothing revolutionary here, finally did a common mod on my BK11 and opened up the handle for my top finger. It makes quite the difference. This was one of those blunt tip Camillus 11s that appeared in bulk about two years ago. I took care of the tip issue too.
EhKZLnw.jpg

I did the same thing.
.... I think it's funny, that some things seem so Obvious in the knife world.....

-it's like we all have different hand sizes and shapes.... haha

Added a pretty aggressive palm swell to a Condor Parang Machete, feels so much better. Still need to thin out the blade.

50968644618_e6157003d5_c.jpg

50969453907_67cbe9c527_c.jpg

50968646128_65a57a9331_c.jpg
Looks awesome! I did that to my condor handle but I just hit it with some linseed oil. How did you get it all polished up and shiny?

To my surprise, I found a knife in my mailbox a few days ago. A good friend of mine just sent one out, for fun. It's a QSP Neckmuk. He knows I like Nessmuk blades so that's very kind of him.
I liked the blade immediately but that pinky guard was annoying me quite badly. I could cram my hand between both guards but that obviously wasn't comfortable, and putting my pinky behind the guard (which is what I think you're supposed to do) didn't feel natural at all either.

h5tYI1p.jpg

So off goes the hump!
qClBqlw.jpg

I've never been very handy but I think it turned out okay. Some grind lines here and there but nothing that annoys me too much.
SPsxbTS.jpg

OS7Z066.jpg

Here she is next to another D2 friend of hers:
sVvgvcD.jpg

Nothing extraordinary but I don't usually take a grinder and belts to my knives so for me it was quite a project, hahaha... It's much more comfortable now and I like the lines of the knife a lot better too.
This kinda gave me courage to maybe finally take a go at the Swabbie...

To my surprise, I found a knife in my mailbox a few days ago. A good friend of mine just sent one out, for fun. It's a QSP Neckmuk. He knows I like Nessmuk blades so that's very kind of him.
I liked the blade immediately but that pinky guard was annoying me quite badly. I could cram my hand between both guards but that obviously wasn't comfortable, and putting my pinky behind the guard (which is what I think you're supposed to do) didn't feel natural at all either.

h5tYI1p.jpg

So off goes the hump!
qClBqlw.jpg

I've never been very handy but I think it turned out okay. Some grind lines here and there but nothing that annoys me too much.
SPsxbTS.jpg

OS7Z066.jpg

Here she is next to another D2 friend of hers:
sVvgvcD.jpg

Nothing extraordinary but I don't usually take a grinder and belts to my knives so for me it was quite a project, hahaha... It's much more comfortable now and I like the lines of the knife a lot better too.
This kinda gave me courage to maybe finally take a go at the Swabbie...
I
Looks like you did a good job!
I know it's kinda late, but do you have before pictures while you are holding it? Handle design has become a new passion of mine.

I
Looks like you did a good job!
I know it's kinda late, but do you have before pictures while you are holding it? Handle design has become a new passion of mine.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm sorry though, it bugged me quite instantly so I didn't waste much time and removed it once I had some time, haha! No in hand pics or vids. It's quite inexpensive though and it's D2 so if you want a little project I can absolutely recommend it.

Back