Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

Fantastic looking 13!

It looks like he used both rear holes and the foremost one while removing some (if not all) of the front finger guard.

Again, nice work.

That 13 is saweeet!!
I might actually use one if I had nice handles like that.
Nice work Sir!

Thanks guys!
NJBILLK nailed it.
Just ground off some steel to make the grip a bit longer.

Major improvement. I'll actually carry and use this 13 now.
Feels really good in hand!

Thanks guys!
NJBILLK nailed it.
Just ground off some steel to make the grip a bit longer.

Noice, Sloice. Seems like all of the smaller Beckers become champions of EDC with the "nub" (I know what it is, but....c'mon - it "guards" against nothing...) removed. I did the same thing to my 11 (plus straightened out the finger bump & reprofiled the blade) and ended up with a (barely) four finger grip on a knife that NOW pretty much goes everywhere with me. Planning on doing a 14 in similar fashion. I don't find the 3 finger blades much fun to use for EDC - not comfortable enough for regular use at the expense of what, a ½"? That 13 looks sweet - very balanced blade/handle ratio. Did the antler(?) come from, ah....do you hunt?

Scored this just now from an old generator transfer switch.
Looks like some sort of paper micarta. I'll grind on it when I get home.

Generally speaking, the old micarta was canvas, and the core will be a much different color.
This is to show wear and that they need replacing, while being noticed at a glance.

Regardless, I agree. Nice score!

1982? Hell, I don't even remember having e-lec-tricity back then....

.........but that's an excellent find. Worth a LOT more than in the trash it was likely headed to.

1982? Hell, I don't even remember having e-lec-tricity back then....

.........but that's an excellent find. Worth a LOT more than in the trash it was likely headed to.

Well...lol...wasn't exactly heading to the trash but there's a more modern work around for the next guy.
Basically it was kinda overkill in an old transfer switch cabinet that has since been upgraded to more modern controls.
My customer was practically giving it away and I was tasked to disconnect everything, remove all the wiring and controls, and rework all the feeders to what is no longer generator circuits. Even better score is a huge pile of 3/0 thhn! @$2.30/lb I figure I'll get around $400 and that's just my half since I split it with a coworker. 👍

300kw 480v 3phase diesel generator for $2500. It's a steal. They paid more than that for my services lol.
If it would've been 208v I woulda taken it myself!

I have no idea what you wrote means, but good score and great job on the 13!

These were sent to Peter's last week

IMG_20170222_123737174_zpsvjrl4ydj.jpg

Back