Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

My latest finished knife. My lil cleaver.

Hopefully this works...

fjGhc6E.jpg

MK6g4vg.jpg

Very cool Nick. How small is it?

Thanks guys!

It's actually kinda on the small/medium side.

It's 3/16" O1 and black linen micarta.

For reference,

BJwQHdt.jpg
Not big, but not as small as I had envisioned.

Not big, but not as small as I had envisioned.

It's a good EDC size. It fits right in my back pocket. I feel like it's big from the width, but still has a small overall size; if that makes sense. I like how it came out with the handle on it. It has a big butt. However, my design now has the handle longer and straight.

Finished this chef's knife up today. Made it for my cousin. He wants to be a chef, and asked me how much. I told him that I'd trade him for my dog tags back. I gave them to him when I first joined the Navy, he was somewhere around 7-9 at the time.

Anyway, it's 1/16" O1. I can't remember what wood I'll have to check and update, but it's a dark wood with white g10 and natural micarta liners. It's just about 11" oal.

HoLUaOC.jpg

Looks awesome brudda.

Finished his chef's knife up today. Made it for my cousin. He wants to be a chef, and asked me how much. I told him that I'd trade him for my dog tags back. I gave them to him when I first joined the Navy, he was somewhere around 7-9 at the time.

Anyway, it's 1/16" O1. I can't remember what wood I'll have to check and update, but it's a dark wood with white g10 and natural micarta liners. It's just about 11" oal.

HoLUaOC.jpg

Really Nice looking blade you got there. The cut proof glove Is a nice touch to the picture. Just screams I will cut!!!!!

Thanks guys!

I had just finished sharpening it and when I sharpen its by hand on a stone. I've cut my finger tips s few times and got tired of it so I got the glove. Yeah, this one is super sharp!

Thanks guys!

I had just finished sharpening it and when I sharpen its by hand on a stone. I've cut my finger tips s few times and got tired of it so I got the glove. Yeah, this one is super sharp!

Lol exactly why I wear my pair. Tired of cut up finger tips.

Very nice! Got a classic French design, but with a bushcrafty flair. VERY nice. it should do the job

Thanks CBear! He picked it up last night and loved it!! He plans on telling his co-workers it was a very expensive knife that they couldn't afford. He said they all have $100 Damascus knives. Made him a kydex sheath so he can belt carry at work. He doesn't want anyone picking it up.

That knife's gonna patina so nicely, with it already looking fantastic I can't imagine how much better it'll look after some hard use. :thumbsup:

Back