Beckerhead Music

Here is something a bit different. Iron Maiden happens to be one of my very favorite bands and this rather talented duo absolutely nails this cover of The Trooper.

(My son plays the cello and this is a video we watch frequently together. Not only does he get to see some fine cello playing, but he also gets to listen to the music of one of the greatest bands in existence.)

I came of age listening to more mainstream metal like Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, etc. Lately I've been into Gothenburg style death metal such as this.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Black metal has already been mentioned. Here is one of my favorites. Summoning does Tolkien inspired atmospheric black metal. They just released an album and I have this CD on the way (I'm one of those people that still buy CDs).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="

Here is something a bit different. Iron Maiden happens to be one of my very favorite bands and this rather talented duo absolutely nails this cover of The Trooper.

(My son plays the cello and this is a video we watch frequently together. Not only does he get to see some fine cello playing, but he also gets to listen to the music of one of the greatest bands in existence.)

Yeah they do! I love me some good metal covered on classical instruments, I watch all sorts of youtube videos on the matter.

This band was the first cello-only group I discovered, while they do have a lot of non-cover stuff they managed to really get the sound right to cover Metallica, this is probably their best but they have a couple.

On a similar note but slightly more amusing is my favorite banjo cover ever, the best Slayer's ever sounded.

And finally, the best AC/DC song for pumping up a crowd, covered in a rather bluegrass-y way, and quite excellently if I do say so myself.

I'm still working my way thru most of these. Definitely a change for me with the majority of the songs. In a good way I might add.

WHOA. Thank you for introducing me to those guys. I just spent like 30 mins watching their vids. That's brilliant. I LOVE the Beethoven 5th vs. Whole Lotta Love.

So much good stuff in here!
Personally, "I like it all, as long as it's good."
Rock and metal since high school - AC/DC, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden. Several Accept albums, too.
My most recent concert was Foreigner. Outdoors, on probably the hottest day of the summer. My brother told me "it's not really them" since Jones is the only one left. But he's a true founder, and it was great regardless.
As I've matured and broadened my horizons, I find that I really enjoy the blues, and big band/swing.
Late nights, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra.
Only country I can stand for extended periods, or actually choose for myself, is Johnny Cash. With a shout-out to Don Walser.
Dip my toe in the classical. Some speaks to me at certain times; a lot is too much sound with not enough emotion.
Lately, all I get to listen to is current trash pop. I put in anything else, and all I hear is the whining of the girls. So, they win. Some of it is actually okay.

Going for a 500 mile solo drive this weekend. Gotta stock up on the classics: Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, and many of those mentioned above.
I'll see if I can play your selections from this thread, too, without diverting my eyes from the road. That'll keep it interesting.

My son (not Barlow)

:
I've wanted to start a thread like this forever but I was concerned that the mods might nuke it for being kind of off-topic... That being said, might as well have some fun for as long as it will last (hopefully a good long while).

I am a bit of a metal head and those who aren't tuned into that specific genre of music might be surprised that there are almost countless sub-genres within the scope that one might deem the Heavy Metal Umbrella. It was nice meeting KingMC KingMC at Becker West and discovering that we have a lot of mutual musical interests and he has already posted a couple of good ones. Iron Maiden's Fear of the Dark is practically worship music for me...

I listen to a fair amount of Black Metal, Death Metal, Old School Metal, Thrash Metal, Cascadian Grey Metal, some Power Metal, Folk Metal, Doom Metal, and so many others....

Let us start off with something kind of old school from a band I enjoy immensely, playing one of my favorite songs. And for those of you who might worry that they might get screamed at, this is reasonably mellow in comparison to a lot out there...

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings - Dante's Inferno

This is a Pacific NW band that could be considered Atmospheric Black Metal. This particular song and the album that it comes from are quite special to me, the music was a constant companion, a solace of sorts, when cancer decided it needed to have my dad more than I did.

GOOD ISHT!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

Sorry I am not a Beckerhead but own a 14, 9, and 2.

"
also this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

and this

" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media"
plus

" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media"
I have been drinking, sorry.

Last edited:
How about some funk? This is probably my favorite funk song I’ve heard, nothing crazy and not a ton of repeating lyrics, plus it’s funky!

Back