Beckerhead Music

Oh, and just to give a sense of my random musical tastes, my favorite Bollywood song; nothing quite compares to how epic the choreography and music feels.

I first heard of this guy in another music thread elsewhere on the forums. Quite an interesting guy. I like to put on some of his live stuff when I'm doing stuff around the house.

No video link just a quick story. My first Duty station was Ft Hood TX With the 2nd Armored Division. Ft Hood is about 70 mikes north of Austin along I-35. When my unit finally came out of the field and got a weekend off straight to Austin we went. We ended up on a Boulevard called sixth street in down town it was the happening place in 1983. Don't know bout now. As we walked up and down the street there were musicians playing on the corners. Some with harmonicas, boxes, flutes ect... I came across this one Older Gentleman jammimg some blues on his acoustic guitar he sounded really good so I dropped some coin into his open case. He said hey fellas you in the Army Yes Sir we are I said. He than said I'm playing at this joint called Sixth Steet Live tonight it would be a pleasure if you showed up I will have you a front row table. I went back as often as I could after that. His name was Stevie Ray Vaughan

I am a shameless fan of all things Glam Rock, Butt Rock, Hair Metal, etc.

Please enjoy this very small sampling of some sweet classics.

I have rather diverse musical tastes.... When it comes to metal. My wife calls me narrow minded. If she only knew the endless rabbit hole, with all its twists and turns, that metal music is, perhaps she might think differently...

I have a huge love for classic heavy metal.

This is an iconic song from a highly underrated band. If you've heard nothing else from them, this is the song to whet your appetite... Solid, heavy-hitting, crunchy riffs, a classic voice that has both some growl to it and the ability to soar into primal screams, story driven lyrics.... All the hallmarks of a classic.

Accept is a band that many modern metallers are unfamiliar with and I was very pleased to see them mentioned earlier in this thread. Hailing from Germany, their sound is unmistakable, especially when they had Udo Dirkschneider as their vocalist. Though Accept parted ways with Udo a long time ago, they are still making pretty impressive metal these days and Udo isn't doing so shabby himself with his own band.

Helloween is classic Power Metal at its very finest. Kai Hansen made the band and its highly unfortunate that he is no longer with them. This song is one of their most noteworthy classics.

Unfortunately, a lot of Dream Theater is hit and miss with me. But it cannot be denied that these guys are tremendous musicians and their skill is apparent in all of their music, regardless of the flavor. This is one of my favorites from them as it showcases pretty much everything I value in their band. (Full length version)

Metallica’s alright, but I actually prefer Judas Priest; Painkiller is my favorite of theirs (I love all drum-heavy metal and it’s one of the best) but I’m also a sucker for most of their British Steel album.

No video link just a quick story. My first Duty station was Ft Hood TX With the 2nd Armored Division. Ft Hood is about 70 mikes north of Austin along I-35. When my unit finally came out of the field and got a weekend off straight to Austin we went. We ended up on a Boulevard called sixth street in down town it was the happening place in 1983. Don't know bout now. As we walked up and down the street there were musicians playing on the corners. Some with harmonicas, boxes, flutes ect... I came across this one Older Gentleman jammimg some blues on his acoustic guitar he sounded really good so I dropped some coin into his open case. He said hey fellas you in the Army Yes Sir we are I said. He than said I'm playing at this joint called Sixth Steet Live tonight it would be a pleasure if you showed up I will have you a front row table. I went back as often as I could after that. His name was Stevie Ray Vaughan

6th Street is still one of the places to be. You must've been really young to think Stevie Ray was an "older gentleman", especially when he was playing on the street. He was only 35 when he died in a helicopter crash, and he was pretty famous by then.

6th Street is still one of the places to be. You must've been really young to think Stevie Ray was an "older gentleman", especially when he was playing on the street. He was only 35 when he died in a helicopter crash, and he was pretty famous by then.

I was 19 at the time. Every body else playing on the corners were young college kids around my age. Stevie would have been in his late 20s I would guess. He died in 1990 bout 7 years after I first met him.

G Gun Doc I got to watch Cheap Trick for $5 at some dive club in Harker Heights outside of Killeen TX Before they got famous again lol
I know the bar you are talking about.
Saw Joan Jett there in 87, I was also in the 2AD.
My unit was 2/5 ADA, right by the big water tower.
Shoot em Down.

Back