Beckerhead Music

"Primus sucks" used to be a term of endearment from their fans. I assume KingMC was aware of that or maybe it was just a coincidence.

They are certainly not for everyone.:D

Yeah, it was their unofficial slogan, it is a term of endearment even though the band kinda regrets starting it lol.

I may have a new favorite band.

Can't say that I've ever heard the original, but that was....well...let's go with AMAZING!!!!

This is a pretty unique convergence of my musical tastes that's worth a listen if you are of a certain age - namely mine.

That's a great cover!

I was listening to my spotify playlist that encompasses my favorite non-clean vocal music (growly stuff). I realized I hadn't really shared much here because it's a bit extreme in general, but it really is more than half of the music I listen to, so it represents a large part of my musical tastes.

This band is killer, lots of deep groovy bass and smashing drums and a good vocalist for the genre; a bonus is some of the best breakdowns I've heard.

These guys only have a couple albums, but they really managed to capture the essence of melodic death metal quite nicely; more driving bass and guitar with a melody that carries each song and a vocalist with quite the range.

These guys are a blast: they're Finnish, but they decided to theme their band around Japanese culture and folk music, while still having a typical melodic death feel; the vocalist has a rather high-pitched growl, but overall they're just fun to experience.

These guys are a great deathcore band, they managed to have a vocalist with great balance between high/low pitch and fast/slow speed that can just do whatever he feels like during the song, and the music manages to keep up with him as well. Brutal breakdowns and blinding shreds just make it a fun experience to hear.

I'm not really sure how to describe these guys, except they're kinda like a blend of Marilyn Manson and a death-style band. Not really as fast or as technical as most other bands in my playlist, but they have style that's just groovy and fun.

I've already shared these guys before, but they make up a large part of my playlist, so I can't not share another song of theirs. Brilliant melodic death metal with a viking theme, it's really hard to listen to them and not get pumped up to do something and do it awesomely. Certainly a top-5 band for me.

These guys are my favorite band, period. Not only were they among the first metal bands I heard, but they have continued to put out music that I enjoy. They started as classic metalcore, with one of the best drummers around and a great sense of how to do proper breakdowns; they have since morphed into progressive metalcore of the best kind, with emphasis on originality and uniqueness.

Finally, a bit of creativity in a rather repetitive genre, these guys add bits of acoustic to their stuff, and manage to come up with pretty groovy death metal.

I just heard this for the first time this evening, I liked it!
~~
~~
:D
~~
Last edit this post, I promise.

Last edited:
Well, my wife surprised me with an early Valentine's Day present. Admittedly, we never do gifts on Valentine's Day, simply because we have always thought that it to be a rather silly holiday....

However, I am not going to complain as I now have tickets to go see Hammerfall and Flotsam and Jetsam. First big concert that I will have gone to in many years.

So in anticipation, here is a little taste from the bands.

Flotsam and Jetsam is a classic thrash/prog metal band and is highly underrated, in my opinion. I am looking forward to seeing these guys, despite being undoubtedly different than they were in the 80's and 90's.

Hammerfall is just a plain feel good power metal band. They've been around since the early 90's and continue to produce solid, albeit predictable, music. They should make for a fun show.

Well, my wife surprised me with an early Valentine's Day present. Admittedly, we never do gifts on Valentine's Day, simply because we have always thought that it to be a rather silly holiday....

However, I am not going to complain as I now have tickets to go see Hammerfall and Flotsam and Jetsam. First big concert that I will have gone to in many years.

So in anticipation, here is a little taste from the bands.

Flotsam and Jetsam is a classic thrash/prog metal band and is highly underrated, in my opinion. I am looking forward to seeing these guys, despite being undoubtedly different than they were in the 80's and 90's.

Hammerfall is just a plain feel good power metal band. They've been around since the early 90's and continue to produce solid, albeit predictable, music. They should make for a fun show.

Aw, man, that should be a fun concert. Hammerfall might be a little cheesy but I don't doubt they put on a show when live. Flotsam and Jetsam are pretty cool, too, I think my favorite of theirs is from their first album

My favorite Hammerfall resides mostly on this album, hard-hitting without too much speed, the vocalist does quite well at this tempo.

Aw, man, that should be a fun concert. Hammerfall might be a little cheesy but I don't doubt they put on a show when live. Flotsam and Jetsam are pretty cool, too, I think my favorite of theirs is from their first album

My favorite Hammerfall resides mostly on this album, hard-hitting without too much speed, the vocalist does quite well at this tempo.

Yeah, Hammerfall is a bit heavy on the "cheese" factor, but really no more than many other power metal bands. I suspect that I will be thoroughly entertained. My wife remembers when I used to listen to them quite a bit many years ago and she didn't object too much, hence her buying tickets for the two of us. The last concert she accompanied me to was one put on by Scorpions and Telsa, that was fun, despite us being among the youngest people present.... Saw lots of balding mullets and permed blonde hair, too many folks trying to fit into their old denim and leather...

I think I am really looking forward to Flotsam and Jetsam. Their older stuff is fantastic and I just listened to their most recent album, it wasn't half bad.

Back