Beckerhead MYB / "Spartan" Fitness April

TBL

So instead of having two fitness threads I figure we can combine them like we have been doing to save posting in two spots. Post up your progress for April for MYB and BSP. GET FIT!

Scoring:

The idea is simple. Move your body. Get fitter.

Between the dates of October 1 and October 31, the challenge is to earn 50 Becker Points. Points can be earned in the following fashion:

1 mile (1.6 km) on foot = 1 Becker Point
3 miles (4.8 km) road cycling = 1 Becker Point
2 miles (3.2 km) mountain biking = 1 Becker Point
1 mile (1.6 km) swimming = 4 Becker Points

If you just do one thing, you'll need to hoof it 50 miles, or road bike 150 , or mountain bike 100 miles, or swim 12.50 miles. You may combine items to build toward 50 Becker Points in any fashion you choose. Honor system in play.
This thread will be the place where people report in on their progress.

BSP:

200 light reps = 1 BSP
100 medium reps = 1 BSP
50 heavy reps = 1 BSP
30 very heavy reps = 1 BSP
300 heavy punching bag combos = 1BSP

Definitions:

Light rep: a rep that can be done 15+ times without resting. Most body weight exercises will fall into this category.
Medium rep: a rep that can be done up to 14 times, with reps 12-14 being challenging, and 15 near impossible without assistance.
Heavy rep: a rep that can be done 6 times, with reps 4-6 being very challenging, and 7 near impossible without assistance.
Very heavy: a rep that can be done twice, rep 3 impossible without assistance.
Heavy punching bag combos: a set of at least 2 moves (ex jab and straight, jab roundhouse kick, etc) done sequentially.

Light - 15+ reps
Medium - 7-14 reps
Heavy - 3-6 reps
Very Heavy - 1-2 reps

To start the month for me:

myb: +2.5 - ran on treadmill for 2.5 miles
bsp: +2 - 200 push ups + I've started doing some chin-ups (50 heavy), I really suck at them so far. I'm counting them as heavy reps because even at rested I can only squeeze out 10.

Just got back from the gym for the first time in a few weeks, did a total of 100 medium reps (upper body only, going on a campout tomorrow)

BSP +1

To start the month for me:

myb: +2.5 - ran on treadmill for 2.5 miles
bsp: +2 - 200 push ups + I've started doing some chin-ups (50 heavy), I really suck at them so far. I'm counting them as heavy reps because even at rested I can only squeeze out 10.

myb: +4 = 6.5
bsp: 2 - spent half the day wrestling with the kids yesterday. Got my bsp then lol. Trying to do yoga and stretches with 40lbs of child on your back is rough. I feel it today haha. Decided to go for a longer stretch on the treadmill this morning.

Welcome to the party KingMc!

I plan on being here more often Tim, this winter was pretty bad for me exercise-wise but I'm getting back into it with a vengeance this spring.

Just got back from an overnighter, 2 miles in and 2 out.

MYB +4

Today's workout (also last monday and friday):

Two Circuits:
Round 1 1 min exercise, max reps unless otherwise indicated, 15 secs rest per each
Standard Pushups
Alternating Shoulder Press
Wide Front Pullups
In & Out Bicep Curls (16 reps)
Military Pushups
Two-arm Tricep Kickbacks
Reverse Grip Pullups
Swimmers Press
Rest

Round 2
Wide-Fly Pushups
Full Supination Concentration Curls
Close-grip Overhand Pullups
Chair Dips
Decline Pushups
Upright Rows
Heavy Pants
Static Arm Curls (16 reps)
Rest

Round 3
Diamond Pushups
Flip-grip Twist Tricep Kickbacks
Lawnmowers
In & Out Shoulder Flys (16 reps)
Dive Bombers
Seated Del Dragon Curls
Back Flys
Lying-down Two-arm Tricep Extensions
Rest

Repeat entire circuit two times total

Takes about an hour and a half to get through with warmup and cool down.

MYB 4 +3+1+3=11 😊
Swimming and long lunch walks ftw. Tonight I'm going skating with my workout buddy! I need to squeeze in some weights this week, I'm still working on that.

Finally got out for a ride today. First time in a month. Sadly, I've mostly been moving my butt by gasoline power for the last three weeks - to the tune of about a 1000 miles a week for my "new" job. At least I get to put whatever the hell I want in my pocket in the morning. Maybe this upcoming week I will find the motivation to get up early and hit the pool.

21 miles cycling.
7 BP to start the month.

MYB 11 +2+1= 14.
I finally got to order a stand-up desk for myself at my job last week, should be here this week sometime! I'm so excited. I had rented one earlier this year and really loved it, but I had to wait for budget stuff to go through before I could actually purchase one to keep. I really do feel more energized when I stand most of the day.

myb: +3 = 17
bsp: 11 - took time to stretch today. Was feeling a little stiff!

myb: +2.5 = 19.5
bsp: +3 = 14 push up day!

Nice Cap! I try to go for as many walks as I can in a day :D

Finally got out for a ride today. First time in a month. Sadly, I've mostly been moving my butt by gasoline power for the last three weeks - to the tune of about a 1000 miles a week for my "new" job. At least I get to put whatever the hell I want in my pocket in the morning. Maybe this upcoming week I will find the motivation to get up early and hit the pool.

21 miles cycling.
7 BP to start the month.

I don't even know how to begin to score this one, but yesterday I spent about 4 hours with a chainsaw, an axe and my BK21 reducing a silver maple dropped by the power company into firewood. Sofa king sore.

Went for a 2.1 mile walk tonight, after sitting in my work truck for a few (5) hours of driving. I need a stand up truck.

MYB 2.1+7=9.1
BSP: who knows, but my shoulders all the way through to my hams are sore.

myb: +3 = 22.5
bsp: +4 = 18 - legs and chin-ups!

bsp: +2.5 = 25
myb: +1 - push ups. Was tired this morning and had a hard time getting out of bed. I still managed to get up and get this done. Tomorrow.... I might sleep in :D

Back