Beckerheads First Knives of 2020

1, 2, 3, 4...
qcRfBcq.jpg

EF101283-15A5-4A3F-9B3F-B13B848F1E70.jpeg Well after telling my self no new knives until after April I have ended up with 3 so far. The left was a gift from another member here on Bladeforums. The black Kershaw select fire is a replacement for the one my daughter lost camping. The right one is a case stockman that I found new in the box at a pawn shop for $10.00. Same shop had a BK 2 and a Ka-Bar USMC for Much higher than msrp so I didn’t feel too bad about the price of the Case.

shipped out 2 more last night - a BK16 in an Azwelke sheath to a guy who lost his TOPS knife due to poor retention - he was talking about maybe buying a BK16, and I had a spare, so...
the second one was one I got in a "handmade trade" deal - it was made from sawblade steel and had macadamia wood scales.

None so far, I've gotta get some gun stuff handled.
I'd like a Fallniven F1, a group buy ESEE 6hm and I for sure will get the BK-18.
I've got a interesting relationship with knives, if there's one I want, all I have to do is go out to my box of knives and start taking a visual inventory of what I've got and then 50% to 75% of the time I can talk myself out of the purchase, as I've already got 3 knives that are similiar.
It doesn't work that way with firearms. I can almost never talk myself off that ledge.

Oh, and a Johnson Adventure Parangatang, I'd like one of those too.

I'd like a Fallniven F1, a group buy ESEE 6hm and I for sure will get the BK-18.
I've got a interesting relationship with knives, if there's one I want, all I have to do is go out to my box of knives and start taking a visual inventory of what I've got and then 50% to 75% of the time I can talk myself out of the purchase, as I've already got 3 knives that are similiar.
It doesn't work that way with firearms. I can almost never talk myself off that ledge.

Parangatang is pretty nice.
Makes a good sound when you swing it right and bites scary deep when you hit with the sweet spot.

Same Same Brother when I walk into a gun shop my eyes glaze over and all sense of fiscal responsibility vanishes.

Last edited:
think of it as bang for the buck (pun intended)
15 pounds of meth is worth about $75k
15 pounds of guns is a small fraction of that -- or if you prefer to think of it the other way, $75k worth of firearms & ammo would be awesome!

I ordered 3 schrade splinter knives Friday, since I keep giving the one I was using away, I figure I need a couple spares for the next time it happens.
6 carving tools on a slipjoint frame.
a little bulky, but handy and easier to drop in a pocket than a tool roll with 6 different tools in it.

I was right. As I mentioned in a earlier post, "if my Wife got her hands on my Patriot Scout, I might not get it back."

I showed her how I had polished the scratches out, and she wrapped her hand around it, and smiled.

Ohhh, I like this, I like this handle!

NO Women!! NO, it's mine!

Grabbed her Bushcrafter sitting on the end table. Tell me what you want done to it, and I'll sand it for you, but that is MY knife!

I ordered a BHK Highlander in sabre, with polished green scales. It's on Backorder, so will arrive around my Birthday. Technically that's my first new blade of this year.

My first “new” Becker of the year was graciously sent to me by 1066vik, see above, a BK 16 in a fantastic AZWelke sheath. I won’t be losing this knife because of a poor sheath!

The Bk 16 is a pleasant surprise! Its larger than I expected, and handles a lot like a Mora. Its not as large as the Pasayten I lost, but performs similarly so far. I havent had it doing any woodwork yet, but have been carrying it on belt regularly almost every day since Sat. Its been used to do many normal cutting tasks around home and rides unnoticed under a large shirt. I have it behind my CCW and like having a fixed blade with me too.

Back