Beckerhead's Other Choppers

Ok I think it's well established that our favorite choppers are the bk4 bk9 and bk21.

I'm just curious what other big blades the beckerheads use as well.

There are certainly more expensive choppers out there for what I feel are of less value than a becker.

My short list right now is:

T.M. Hunt M18
L.T. Wright Competition chopper
TOPS SXB (M18 inspired)

Ive been wanting a m18 for so long now. I know there is at least one other beckerhead who has one (probably more).

BRK&T: Bravo 3 + Senegal
SYKCO: 1111 + 1311
MBB: wait, you said "used"; so I have have to change my answer to M8 (9")
ZT: Rat Bastard

BEST VALUE (and most used): Tramontina 20" Bush Machete

Parangatang

tlXkdxl.jpg

Most of the big choppers by Condor...Village Parang, Pack Golok, Bolo, Mini Duku, Moonshiner, Hudson Bay, HD Kukri, Kukri, ETC ETC......., a Zombie Tools Rat Bastard ( favorite LOL ) several cold steel machetes, more than a few Himalayan Imports Kukris, a couple custom cleavers, CRKT Mah-Chete... the list goes on and on... I REALLY like my choppers... =o)

Pics of my favorite chopper currently... the Rat Bastard....1/4 inch thick, 2 pounds of pure beast... frikkin love this thing.

Last year I made this and call it the "Kelley Savage". It works just great and was even tested at one of the Becker gatherings in Tennessee. Yes I know it looks much like a Becker BK4 Machax but I had Mr. Becker's permission before I started on it. Right now there is only one and a good friend of mine has it. I am working on a second one which I plan to keep for me - though I could build some more if there is any interest in them. :D

Last edited:
I've got all the Beckers, plus an ESEE Junglas, a parangatang, and a mighty M18

Last year I made this and call it the "Kelley Savage". It works just great and was even tested at one of the Becker gatherings in Tennessee. Yes I know it looks much like a Becker BK4 Machax but I had Mr. Becker's permission before I started on it. Right now there is only one and a good friend of mine has it. I am working on a second one which I plan to keep for me - though I could build some more if there is any interest in them. :D

That thing looks amazing! What steel did you use?

That thing looks amazing! What steel did you use?

Thanks kniffejunkie!! It is pretty cool. The one pictured was actually made from a worn out Stihl chainsaw bar...the one I'm working on now is from 3/16" 1084. 01 Tool Steel might also work pretty well.

The Swabbie....
IMG_20151028_222624994_zps0tg92fic.jpg

Te rule is that one must exclaim "SWABBIE!" on every swing. Swabbie can also be used as a verb. As in, "the tree was quickly swabbied into a pile of toothpicks." Or, "I'm going to swabbie the next insolent SOB that cuts me off!"

One of these things is not like the others....
IMG_20151111_211403409_zpsdx6ewsex.jpg

Patrol-Machax kind of counts. :D
IMG_20150512_183200_701_zpssfuzszwk.jpg

The Swabbie....
IMG_20151028_222624994_zps0tg92fic.jpg

Te rule is that one must exclaim "SWABBIE!" on every swing. Swabbie can also be used as a verb. As in, "the tree was quickly swabbied into a pile of toothpicks." Or, "I'm going to swabbie the next insolent SOB that cuts me off!"

I'm finally going to jump on one (and the Zomstro) with the price Tomars has.

In reality, a True Temper double-bit and a Kelly Plumb axe are my other choppers. If those are not enough, the Husqvarna Rancher does quick work.

Have my bk9, a schrade large kukri that's surprisingly not bad once I thinned out the edge, and my latest beast the gso10, (and maybe a 12 if I can manage)

I had a junglas but sold it bc the bk9 outperformed it so i never used it ...

I'm planning on putting the 9 up against the gso10 once time allows...It's yet to be out chopped

5160 Rtak II, Ontario SP53 (a knife shaped hatchet!), and a 14" Tram bolo that I modded a parang tip on (does 90% of my gardening).
I've had and sold others.

Here's my other Beckerhead chopper made by another Beckerhead. :D
The Bill Siegle Becker handled Bolo. It's a beast!
The sweet spot ranges from plunge line to tip...

And here's a Camillus BK6 Patrol Machete blank that was ground and heat treated by TMHunt.

Here's my other Siegle. A medium Jest styled Bolo.

Last edited:
I've got an M18...never really thought of it as "a chopper"; though, with a little edge work, I'm sure it would accel. Trying to baton with it would be interesting - I can't imagine many wood batons that would stand up to that for long.

(No.....not "THAT" M18)

Last edited:
Here's my other Beckerhead chopper made by another Beckerhead. :D
The Bill Siegle Becker handled Bolo. It's a beast!
The sweet spot ranges from plunge line to tip...

And here's a Camillus BK6 Patrol Machete blank that was ground and heat treated by TMHunt.

Here's my other Siegle. A medium Jest styled Bolo.

All of these are on my short list of knives I really want.... It's a pretty long list.

I knew you had the m18 I've seen your videos on it haha

And if I'm correct T.M. Hunt made your custom chopper with Becker handles.

Yeah, Todd made it. It's not really a chopper at heart, or size, more of a survival khuk that can chop way above its class. Lol. That's why I didn't list it.

Back