Beckerhead's Other Choppers

Which is your favorite?

I've got a big blade coming soon, I'm curious how it's going to be?

My favorite is the Behemoth Chopper. It's more balanced, at .240" thick, it's no slouch and 12" gives you plenty of reach. It's a behemoth!

UasLvlE.jpg

I have just gotten to try out the HDMC I got recently on a few smaller pieces of wood and it shocked me ... I thought the thicker blade stock might not cut quite as well but it takes a bite ... or goes straight through it ... I may need to get a regular MC to compare ...

But I'm not sure I could damage this blade without meaning too ... I have no doubt I could chop through the steel door on the house and only need to sharpen it ... maybe ...

Now I am going to have to find either a LC or regular MC and spend more money or work a trade out ...

And it's funny how I was 90% of the time the guy that took a folding saw and mid sized axe and rarely batoned wood or chopped shelter poles or to build an A-frame to cook with ... I used the small axe ...

Since 91bravo 91bravo sold me a BK9 along with a 15 he had that I wanted ... and finding CPKs ... now my poor Gransfor Bruks small forest axe pouts at home ...

I have just gotten to try out the HDMC I got recently on a few smaller pieces of wood and it shocked me ... I thought the thicker blade stock might not cut quite as well but it takes a bite ... or goes straight through it ... I may need to get a regular MC to compare ...

But I'm not sure I could damage this blade without meaning too ... I have no doubt I could chop through the steel door on the house and only need to sharpen it ... maybe ...

Now I am going to have to find either a LC or regular MC and spend more money or work a trade out ...

And it's funny how I was 90% of the time the guy that took a folding saw and mid sized axe and rarely batoned wood or chopped shelter poles or to build an A-frame to cook with ... I used the small axe ...

Since 91bravo 91bravo sold me a BK9 along with a 15 he had that I wanted ... and finding CPKs ... now my poor Gransfor Bruks small forest axe pouts at home ...

Same thing happened to me. I sold my Gransfors Bruks SFA because I found myself carrying a larger blade instead. No regrets. I can process more wood and faster with a large knife and saw, than with an axe/hatchet. Much safer as well.

Same thing happened to me. I sold my Gransfors Bruks SFA because I found myself carrying a larger blade instead. No regrets. I can process more wood and faster with a large knife and saw, than with an axe/hatchet. Much safer as well.

I guess I haven't had enough time free to know about processing wood faster ... but it is a bit safer and even through I could use the axe for other things too ... it's just not as versatile as a chopper.

My favorite is the Behemoth Chopper. It's more balanced, at .240" thick, it's no slouch and 12" gives you plenty of reach. It's a behemoth!

UasLvlE.jpg
Definitely some tough Steel :thumbsup: Saw a vid CPK D3v chopping concrete and nails with no damage.
Hope it's ok to post this chart on some different steels and how they compare. Not sure how Accurate it is .
IMG_4483.JPG

Last edited:
A big blade is coming? Share, share. :)
I can't yet, I don't wanna jinks it, but basically according to their initial website it should be ready, or close to it....
I know it's only been around four weeks, so far, but I'm dieing.... Haha.

Idk how the Randall guys wait years???

I think the secret is just ordering a bunch of knives, so they just pop in.... Nicely, and unexpectedly.

mary had a little lamb,
it's stash was white as snow
and everywhere that mary went
they were sure to have a blow......

Back