Beckerhead's Other Choppers

Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 , you planning on sharpening yours? What about any other conditioning or cleaning?

I conditioned my sheath’s leather last night and hit it again with a mineral oil/beeswax mix this morning. The leather is in great shape being over 100 years old. It’s supple again.

Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 , you planning on sharpening yours? What about any other conditioning or cleaning?

I conditioned my sheath’s leather last night and hit it again with a mineral oil/beeswax mix this morning. The leather is in great shape being over 100 years old. It’s supple again.
The Bolo without the unit markings on the handle I plan to use. I’ll clean and sharpen it. The other one that I plan on donating to the 3rd Infantry Museum I won’t touch. I’ll let them conserve it.

The Condor Wastelander designed by Julio Diez.
He graciously donated to us knuckleheads at BeckerWest. Very cool, very stout machete! It has the flared out kukri type scales like the Plan A Bowie. It’s a very nice touch on these big choppers. Julio and Condor did very good work on these all around. I’m pretty impressed so far.

TL8D7KS.jpg

Oops...

Specifications
  • Code: 62727
  • Manufacturer Part Number: CTK2824-12.68HC
  • Blade Length: 12.69" (322.1 mm)
  • Handle Length: 5.52" (140 mm)
  • Overall Length: 18.21" (462.1 mm)
  • Blade Thickness: 0.12" (3.0 mm)
  • Blade Material: 1075 High Carbon Steel
  • Blade Style: Machete
  • Blade Grind: Convex
  • Blade Finish: Natural
  • Handle Material: Micarta
  • Sheath: Kydex with Leather Belt Loop
  • Weight: 26.46 oz. (750 g)
  • Designer: Julio Diez

I love the Plan A! Because of it, the Wastelander is a top priority. I gotta support my fellow Beckerhead and Julio’s scales fit me perfectly. @Diez Knives really designed some awesome blades! I hope more are coming! :thumbsup:
If you like the Plan A then I think you’ll really like the Wastelander. Julio did a good job on the design. He told me he had to go back to Condor a few times to get the scales right on the knives. I’d say they did. :D

Love those Case Bolo's. I hunted one down immediately after a gathering because Ethan went on about how amazing it is. Had to see for myself. The handle is ok, there are tons of blades out there with worse, but it needed to be BECKERIZED. Thankfully it has more than enough metal on the tang.

IMG_7982.jpg IMG_7992.jpg 0-15.jpg

Love those Case Bolo's. I hunted one down immediately after a gathering because Ethan went on about how amazing it is. Had to see for myself. The handle is ok, there are tons of blades out there with worse, but it needed to be BECKERIZED. Thankfully it has more than enough metal on the tang.

View attachment 1232376 View attachment 1232381 View attachment 1232380
I've wanted to do That for a couple of years...idk about doing it to an original, but I thought it would be a fun project on a reproduction for sure! :D How thick are they about?

I've wanted to do That for a couple of years...idk about doing it to an original, but I thought it would be a fun project on a reproduction for sure! :D How thick are they about?

They are .200” thick. Someone seriously needs to make a reproduction. Pretty sure kabar owns the rights to this design now. Did someone say next Becker? still missing the bk18 and 19.

They are .200” thick. Someone seriously needs to make a reproduction. Pretty sure kabar owns the rights to this design now. Did someone say next Becker? still missing the bk18 and 19.
I bought another Case bolo today. I hope you don’t mind if I attempt to replicate your Beckerized version. I really dig what you did. :thumbsup:

I used to not get the handles at all, but just recently started using a different grip and find them really comfortable. I prefer neutral handles but these work for me. I’ve also seen them where the finger hump is removed.
I truly don't mind the handle at all . I would prefer Ethan's but than it would be perfect and we can't have that cause nothing is perfect :D
IMG_5035.JPG

Back