Beckerhead's Other Choppers

I'am almost afraid to answer that :D depends on the job. All around swinging and chopping or brush cleaning the Parangatang wins , that sucker takes big bites ;) sitting at a camp a little chop and splitting the Village Parang wins its packs a punch and doesn't over penetrate :p both have handles that you eather like or you hate ;)

Put me down as a HATE HATE HATE for the Ka-Bar's handles.
honestly, I really feel bad for saying it, and feeling that way..... I'd love the backstory on how/why they made it on to So many blades???
Can you imagine Any of the Adventurer and Zombie series with Ethan's handle? Gosh, I'd go bankrupt buying them ALL!

Seriously, I bet it was an Oops? Someone probably made a concept scale, and snuck it into the production without anyone's approval? It's difficult to believe a group of designers/engineers/marketing/and exec's passed it around and Everyone liking how it feels?

The second I picked mine up, and held it I said WTF?
Old Hickory, plain straight, cheap walnut scales feel a million times better. No Joke.

Are our hands really all that different? I understand the subtle differences, but I'd love to be told I'm wrong.
Does ANYONE here find them handles/scales even remotely as comfortable as Ethan's? Who were they designed for?

*Now as far as the blade and steel itself.... The Parangatang is the Most AMAZING mass produced blade! Wow does it do Everything....
It's crazy Awesome, Everyone should own one! I love mine, but I re-handled it with something we are all familiar with...hahah. (there are pics here, somewhere)

honestly, I really feel bad for saying it, and feeling that way..... I'd love the backstory on how/why they made it on to So many blades???
Can you imagine Any of the Adventurer and Zombie series with Ethan's handle? Gosh, I'd go bankrupt buying them ALL!

Seriously, I bet it was an Oops? Someone probably made a concept scale, and snuck it into the production without anyone's approval? It's difficult to believe a group of designers/engineers/marketing/and exec's passed it around and Everyone liking how it feels?

Old Hickory, plain straight, cheap walnut scales feel a million times better. No Joke.

Are our hands really all that different? I understand the subtle differences, but I'd love to be told I'm wrong.
Does ANYONE here find them handles/scales even remotely as comfortable as Ethan's? Who were they designed for?

*Now as far as the blade and steel itself.... The Parangatang is the Most AMAZING mass produced blade! Wow does it do Everything....
It's crazy Awesome, Everyone should own one! I love mine, but I re-handled it with something we are all familiar with...hahah. (there are pics here, somewhere)
Here is a War Sword that @Creaky Bones gifted to me. He made the micarta and put new scales on a War sword. Absolutely Love this blade. As for the original scales..... Yeah not so much
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153781516@N05/

E-nep, a chopping machine:

Condor heavy duty kukri:

Condor Duku:

The Warrior The Warrior did you wver warm up to the duku? I love mine.
Haven't used it enough, tbh. I didn't like the way the handle sorta twisted in my hand upon impact though.

How did u get the enip? What does that go for? So sweet!
I got it off the zon, but they're not there anymore. I believe his site is still down as well. It was only like $40.

Haven't used it enough, tbh. I didn't like the way the handle sorta twisted in my hand upon impact though.

I got it off the zon, but they're not there anymore. I believe his site is still down as well. It was only like $40.
Crazy! I checked a few times since i started getting into knives and they're no where to be found. I'll give you $45 for it, final offer! Ha.

Yeah that's my one complaint i have with my 1249. It likes to roll in my hand upon impact which forces me to grip it tighter causing fatigue.

Crazy! I checked a few times since i started getting into knives and they're no where to be found. I'll give you $45 for it, final offer! Ha.
Not in this lifetime, perhaps the next. ;)

Having the Potbelly has made me like the handles ;) would I trade for Ethan's in a second :D but the Potbelly feels amazingly better in my hand :thumbsup::thumbsup: still trying to decide what to do to fatten em up and have em look decent. But I think the Parangatang is an Amazing slice an chop monster :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Having the Potbelly has made me like the handles ;) would I trade for Ethan's in a second :D but the Potbelly feels amazingly better in my hand :thumbsup::thumbsup: still trying to decide what to do to fatten em up and have em look decent. But I think the Parangatang is an Amazing slice an chop monster :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yeah I'd like to fatten mine up on my 5601 Baconmakers. If I could put @creakybones handles from the warsword on them..... Pure Bliss

Yeah I'd like to fatten mine up on my 5601 Baconmakers. If I could put @creakybones handles from the warsword on them..... Pure Bliss
Those sure look good :thumbsup: I thought about removing the hump but I use it on the Potbelly I put my pointer over it and chop away . It feel secure and comfortable in my hand . The Parangatang feels ok but thicker is a must for me to feel right .

Gerber Broadcut machete:

Back